Funny and embarrassing moment on court

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nic, May 4, 2002.

1. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    I believe if you played long enough in the court, there must be some funny stories to tell. :D

I am not sure about others. But for myself, I have a really weird kind of smash, or I should say it is coincidence. Everytime I smash, I smash at my opponent's private, I dont know why but it just happen for me to smash to that particular part. Believe me, I did it 7 out of 10 times everytime I play.

Now, all the people who used to play with me will automatically hold their racquet to protect it when they notice I raised my racquet and ready to do my magic smash. :p

Care to share your stories, anyone?

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Embarrassing moments

How about farting during smashing? Take it from me, it can be an outright winner...

:D

3. modious

modious Regular Member

4. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    lol, loud and stink? :D

5. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    lol Did your coach teach you that technique? What is the correct timing to fart, is it at the moment you strike the shuttle?

6. ZXZ

ZXZ Regular Member

Student
    ewwwwww

MAg thats very interesting and let me tell you it can really put off you opponent. once I was playing doubles and one of the oponents kept on farting not only was it pretty loud it was pretty damn smelly too! My partner laughed and had to put up with the smell we just wanted to finish off the game who cares wha tthe score was!

7. mOeY

mOeY New Member

haha my aiming is not that good as u, but I'm sure that I will hit on ppl's face, chest and other parts of the body whenever I smash ... rarely on the private parts hehe ...

8. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    Re: Embarrassing moments

lol mag,
    its hard to control cause your trying to use as much energy to smash, some things just happen accidentally.

#8 Chia, May 6, 2002
    Last edited: May 6, 2002
  9. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    The timing for fartsmash is not hard at all. All it takes is practice practice practice.....

Diet: The day before and the morning before you play badminton, you must consume a few can of beans as fuel. Carbohydrates are not as necessary. Water is also a necessity due to the intense workout one will experiance when doing continuous fartsmashes.

Timing: Timing is criticle in fartsmashes. Although it may seem easy, it is very hard to control and coordinate buttocks muscle to fart at one particular instant in time. The timing when to fart is the split second before the smash or... some may prefer the exact same time as the smash. However, farting split second before smashing allows time for toxic fumes to travel towards the opponent's court.

Strategy: Although this attack is referred to the fartsmash, I prefer doing what is called a "fartdrop". The name speaks for itself. The fartdrop is done exactly the same as how some people would shout a big loud "Hah!" before executing a dropshot.

Advantage of Fartdrop: The fartdrop is indeed a better attack then the fartsmash. The actual fart will cover the dropping sound (great deception). It will lure the opponent towards the net where the toxic fumes are most concentrated. In the best senario, opponent should faint after going for the drop. You will be the winner automatically from default.

Precautions: Fartsmashes and Fartdrops should be used sparingly and tatically. If you have sensitive nose, you should not be using it as your opponent may end up getting the advantage. Special lightweight sport gas masks should be used while playing.

10. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    lol, TDotSmAsHer, that is a good one.

kwun should reserves the id "FaRtSmAsher" for ya. :p

11. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    lol sick

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u guys are full of it :lol:

at one time i was play xd, i got the girl on the other side laughing, she couldn't stop and collapsed on the floor and curled up laughing. I didn't knew a joke could be so effective suppressing my opponent. (last check my pant was up so it's not that)

13. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    Wonder if Kwun will let me post that in the badminton forum faq section.. hehe

14. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    It should goes to the Coaching section. :D

15. Wednesday

Wednesday Regular Member

Legal Assistant
    This is such a good thread. Two women who I know who play in a club in Durban and have been partners for about fifteen years had an amusing story to tell. The one was caught at the backl during a rather strong game and in all her excitement to win the game she shouted at her partner "fruvver the cunt" (instead of cover the front). Had it been me I would have wet myself laughing, as it is I nearly did on hearing the story.

16. Wednesday

Wednesday Regular Member

Legal Assistant
    Not sure why my last reply was not posted ... There are two women I know who have played as a pair for what seems like eternity. They are still very competitive and in the on court excitement when one of them got caught at the back she shouted to her partner : "Fruvver the cunt" (cover the front). Needless to say it was quite embarrassing for them but I laughed so much when I heard to story. Now when they are on court and the one is caught at the back she shouts "fruvver" and they fall about laughing.

Oh, and my partner is a serious court farter by the by. Sometimes so bad I need to play with a peg on nose. He suggested you drop one just before changing sides so the odour lingers in the air ... and trust me it's so bad sometimes it smells like something crawled inside him and died!

17. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    hey wed,

I saw your last post, it is just right above your most recent post. Am I seeing something that you dont see? so weird. :eek:

You meant the woman purposely shouted out "Fruvver", or she did that whenever she is nervous? or she thought that was the correct word? :D

Thanks for sharing, I had a laugh. :D

18. Wednesday

Wednesday Regular Member

Legal Assistant
    Nic,

Something must be wrong with my computer because the only time I can see whether or not my post has appeared on the site is when I use the facility that puts the screen into print format, so yeah, I do see now that my last post is there and I'm sorry for being repetitive. Since I've only just arrived in the 20th century (still have my wooden racket complete with racket press which I use) it's amazing I can use this computer at all! Hee hee hee hee! Weds.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    last nite i went to my regular badminton nite at a local church gym. We played our usual games but i noticed a new player, a young lad. I watch him (while i was playing my MD) played MS with an ex-malayian national (wow, feather shuttles, MP99 & Ti-10, they were serious ;) ) . The kid wasnt bad, surely would beat me one on one. Anyway, near the end of the nite, i managed to ask him for a MD game. My partner's skill is similar to his partner i thought it should be close. Here is the funny part, as most people left home and only 1 court was being used, the janitor was mopping the other courts. These two kids were so anxious to play us, ran to the water fountain and slipped, fell, and slided on the wet floor like 15 feet. They were shaken but look ok and still wanted to play us. We beat them 15-1. LOL (it was kinda late so we played 1 game) I think they want to get even on us next week ;)

#19 cooler, Dec 4, 2003
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  20. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

MmmMmm

lemme see... my opponent lost his balance and fell out of the court but i smashed out and it hit him? so we got the point.. WHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!