Nanospeed 800 Thoughts?, comparison to At 500

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by peterford, May 13, 2008.

1. peterford

peterford Regular Member

studnet
    I sent my broken Armortec 500 back to yonex here in the Uk. They quickly, sent me a new nanospeed 800 as a replacement as they no longer stock the At500.
    I was just wondering if anyone had experiance with this racket or knows how it will compare to my old At 500? Is it simmilar or lighter, stiffer, diff balance etc ? I am having trouble finding much info out about it.
    Thanks for any help

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

It is good racquet. Play simular to AT500. Little less power due to stiffer shaft and lighter head. Not to hard to adapt to from AT500.

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

may i ask how you broke it and how you managed to convince yonex UK to replace it?

4. peterford

peterford Regular Member

studnet
    Well it didnt actually break, but more of a spliting/creaking/ cracking noise could be heard under the cone area when the racket swung. I took the racket to my local yonex dealer here in southampton uk and he said he would have to send it off to yonex, as he thought that possibly the handle or shaft was spliting.
    I bought the racket in january this year so it was'nt very old, also in good condition. He sent it to yonex, and around a week later he phoned to say that yonex had sent a nanospeed 800 as replacement. That it really, im just having it re-stung and shoul be picking it up soon.
    Plus points for yonex UK customer service from me :)

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, that's not too bad, i hope it plays as well as your at500.