How to close old thread?

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by ExtremeCentral, May 17, 2008.

1. ExtremeCentral

ExtremeCentral Regular Member

Real Estate Salesperson (OTT)
    Hi,

I need to close an old thread which doesnt help generate responses from members. How do I do so?

By the way, I've also posted a new thread to "Places to play.." under Singapore with the intension to make clear my request for new players but the post went into 'moderator consideration' :mad:.
    How long must I wait before I can post a new playing schedule on this thread?

2. ExtremeCentral

By posting a new thread within the same section I may have made a double post. Can the moderator retain my latest thread and remove the older one? I just want the title to sound logical (as in the case of the new thread).

3. ExtremeCentral

I think I got my answer already. Thanks anyway.

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    To answer all your questions:

-Only moderators can close threads. If there is a specific reason why you require a thread closing (Ie Updating a places to play thread) then you can inform the mods, who can close it leaving a link to the new thread.

-New members posts are often moderated by the software depending on the content the software screens. I believe this automatically turns off after 5 or so posts and is a function to reduce spam posts.

-Instead of double posting you could just request the mods to alter the title to be more logical.....but next time check more carefully before clicking submit!

5. ExtremeCentral

I think my current new thread should be informative enough. Anyway, thank you so much for your advise.