Yonex Nanospeed 800 not 8000. low end model nanospeed

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by angelus_2012, May 19, 2008.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

do anyone have any information about that racket? how does it play and maybe a short review about it?

thanks

2. peterford

peterford Regular Member

studnet
    I have just got this racket given to me by yonex as a replacement for my breaking armortec 500. Im am intermediate to good ish standard i would say.,
    I have it strung with bg 80@25 lb. I have only managed to use it twice so far. However it seems a decent racket, quite stiff actually, it says head light ballance on it but i would say more even really, diff to my armortec thats for sure. Quite powerful as well, altho i waiting for the string tension to drop a little in order to test its power, for me anyway. good control at the net as well !
    yea i would say its a good racket for the price. seems a little more durable looking than my armortec, as in the paint is thicker and so is the overall shaft and construction of the head.

3. angelus_2012

thanks for the fast reply. actually i was gonna buy it at that moment, but i came home and post this thread about this racket before purchasing it.
    just to get others opinion about this racket if they had used before.

well, please keep posting about your review on this racket
    thanks
    by the way, peterford, u are using 3U version?

4. peterford

peterford Regular Member

studnet
    yea i am, it is a 3u g3 uk code. i have a single overgrip over the normal grip as well. I will let u know how it goes when i get a chance to use it more. so far it seems good though.

5. angelus_2012

just bought it yesterday. it's made in taiwan, i noticed that the quality is not so good. the red paint is a little unbalance on both right and left side. but the boss assured me that is original. there's engraved serial number on the cone and shaft, but i am suprised that the boss also sells fake yonex rackets that have engraved serial numbers too. so that is something to look out for. fake yonex are not so different from original yonex. somehow the fake yonex do not have a nice paintjob, is not glossy as the original.

somehow, nanospeed 800 is head light/light weight/long version. & cheap :)
    would try it and review the performance. strung at 22x24lbs (3U)
    if it's not good for me, i would consider buying cab 20 tour special on my next trip

6. angelus_2012

initial review,
    good control, net play, there's a nice sharp sound when hitting. absolutely fast on defense and swing. very light racket, not very powerful in clears and smashes. that is the most noticable part, because i used muscle power before, my clears from backcourt would go way off using all power, but using this racket, it could not reach outside each time i used my full power. guess it's too light. however, smashes are disappointing, most of my smashes are slow and not explosive.
    conclusion, this racket is made in taiwan and could have influence on the paint job, even though the color is nice (red) but somehow a bit unbalance on one tiny part which i noticed. good control racket, u can drive shuttle accordingly (depends on your skills first), good for quick shots and defense. the shaft is made from carbon nanotube, and that's the stiffest and strongest material in the world, according to wiki. quite a novelty, but if it survive a bad clash on the shaft, then i will believe it. :eek:
    i strung it at 24x22lbs BG80! and that could be the problem, the shopkeeper keep insist that main strings should hold more tension that the cross strings. but from what i read in the forum its the other way around. :mad: alrite, i will string it accordingly next time anyway.

in this case, i mean the main strings are the longer strings and cross are the shorter ones.

one thing i noticed, mine is a 3U G4 version, and the tension recommended on the sticker is 20 - 25lbs,
    but the Ti-10 (new color purple version) 3U G4 version recommends 17-22lbs :confused: ?
    anybody, please enlighten me

anyway, the shopkeeper told me that light rackets are more suitable for singles and heavier rackets for doubles, in which i totally disagree. maybe he is unexperienced. i not sure. what do you guys think?

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

to answer your question about yonex's recommended tensions, they are all bogus. it's mainly to avoid yonex having any responsibility if your racquet breaks when strung at too high a tension. most of their high end racquets can easily accomodate up to 30lbs, provided the stringer does a good job, of course.

8. angelus_2012

9. eddie_andrew

eddie_andrew Regular Member

hey, u probably bought the racquet already, but i jus bought, if u havent, u can keep reading my review

the nanospeed 800 is a great racquet, as the others hav pointed out, serving and net play is probably the best thing about this racquet.

ooooo i also like the colour, its a very nice red, my version is the 3U G3 at 22lbs, the racquet is factory strung but it is one of the best i have seen, the frame itself is carbon nano tubing, and the head is isometric so, the sweetspot is increased, i hope this review has helped you