Getting a new racket, would like some help in choosing

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by andrew chan, May 19, 2008.

1. andrew chan

andrew chan Regular Member

Hi all, its me again, and now that I have sufficient funds (YAY)
    I can finally go about getting a new racket.

My choices are:
    Nanospeed 9000 Type-S
    Nanospeed 9000 Type-X
    Armortec 900 T
    Arcsaber 10

I prefer smashing over drop shots, however in doubles, I am comfortable at both the front and the back.
    I mostly play doubles now, about 80% of the time I play doubles, however I do hope that the racket is compatible for singles use.
    I find my Armortec 700 is adequate, but I'd prefer my rackets to be a little lighter.
    My reason for not choosing the Armortec 900P is because it is just as heavy, and when i played with it, I liked my 700 better.

2. Khawai

Khawai Regular Member

Armortec 900T. ;) the Armortec 900T is both a singles and doubles racket. However, it would not be better than the at700 when it comes to smashing but its excellent in defence. you can move around with this racket very quickly despite its head heaviness. but i suggest you to demo with this racket first before buying as it might not suit everyone. Hope this helps. :D

3. andrew chan

Well, I do expect the power trade off. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has an AT 900T to demo. I have hit with one before, for warmups, but that guy broke his AT 900T. Thanks for your help!

4. liint

liint Regular Member

Pro shops around here usually let you demo their rackets. You just need to provide them with a CC in case anything happens to the racket in your care. Good way to try out the rackets that you're interested in before you buy.

5. santaram

santaram Regular Member

Business
    I think Nanospeed 9000 Type-X and Arcsaber 10 will suit you better. Arcsaber 10 is a even balanced racket, Nanospeed 9000 Type-X is slightly Headlight racket.
    Thanks and HAPPY SMASHING.

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I'd say Arc 10 or 900T. I found the 900T to wobble slightly when smashed with, but it's got excellent defensive properties. The Arc 10 is balanced right in the middle but its power is more like a head-heavy.

I find both of them to be more than adequate for singles use as well, the 900T having the slight edge in this respect.

7. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    AT900T is just as heavy head as AT900P maybe more so i wouldn't say AT900T as a suitable racket for you. If you can get the power out the NS9000X so go for that but if you find it too stiff then go with NS9000S. I haven't owned ARC10 long enough to recommend it to you but it is best if you try all the rackets out first and decide from for yourself.

I would also recommend you try RSL X2 series.

8. andrew chan

well its not the head heaviness i was concerned about, it was more than the 900P and the 700 have nearly the same feel to me, and they both feel slightly clunky on defense

9. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

Woven 9a is something to consider.

10. andrew chan

i tried the nanospeed 9000 Type-X today, produces less power than my AT 700 (to be expected), but somehow it seemed faster, and my defense was better. Do any of the other racquets have more power than the X, but the same defensive properties? I don't think it was because the X is too stiff, because I've been able to flex every racquet with my swing, but something just feels slightly weird about it, although I love the solid feel it provides.

I read jerby's review of the woven 9, and it seems like a pretty normal racquet, however thank you for your opinion.

11. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If you can't flex the shaft of the NS9000X then you can't get the power out of it. NS9000X IMO is the most powerful racket there is if you can bend the shaft. In your case it is most likely that you were unable to bend the shaft that much.

12. andrew chan

who knows, i didnt check the string tensions on it, so i guess the 9000 type-x is outta the question? there was only slightly less power from it compared to my 700 tho, ill retest and see on sunday.

13. Khawai

Khawai Regular Member

Have you tried the ti-10? its a really powerful racket. can be used in both singles and doubles. :)

14. andrew chan

heard about it, but no one i know has a Ti-10, and the only shop i know of that has it is VERY far away, and i cant drive, so i probably wont be able to demo it

15. Khawai

Khawai Regular Member

Oh. that's very unfortunate. I have an idea. Try ALL the rackets you can get your hands on. :p

16. andrew chan

haha, thanks for your help guys, after much consideration and trying a few rackets today, i settled on the AT 900T, hope it doesnt disappoint.

17. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    haha can't go wrong with an At900T XDD