Wilson kTour VS kBlaze

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by apamacam, May 20, 2008.

1. apamacam

apamacam Regular Member

hi i m poisoned by wilson kfactor series.
    i m thinking to get one but not sure which one to buy between ktour and kblaze.

i play doubles only. from the review, it seems that kblaze is better for doubles. izzit true? ktour really so bad for doubles?

i realised that ktour is more expensive than kblaze? and some said ktour is the highiest end of wilson badminton racket. these make me feels like buying ktour over kblaze..

so hard to choose.. :crying: hope can get ur opinion.
    thanks in advance

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    i did answer you on the other thread.
    for you, kblaze is more suitable.....;)

3. apamacam

apamacam Regular Member

hi bro thanks for ur reply. i just found out this forum today and i think it is very helpful :)

does kblaze good for smashing? i m still quite new to badminton. i play doubles and i smash a lot during the play (mostly noob smash :p, but i enjoy it:p). so kblaze still more suitable for me compare to ktour?

btw how much and where u get ur racket?

many thanks

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    if to choose in between ktour or kblaze, as a new to badminton, one need a more flexi shaft, even balance to start off badminton.
    you may also get a high end, just need more time and more time to get into it. it will be easy to handle stiff rackets.
    if you really into badminton, better get a coach. from there, you will learn more than depending on equipments......;)

5. apamacam

apamacam Regular Member

thanks for ur suggestion bro :)
    means kblaze is easier to handle/manuever and more for beginner;
    whereas ktour need more time to get use to it and more for intermediate player and above?
    thanks

6. pw2002

pw2002 Regular Member

The KTour is a pretty easy racquet to use and if you like smashing, you're going to LOVE the power that you get out of the KTour. Huge sweet spot.

I started playing badminton again after a ten-year break and the first racquet I picked up was the KTour. I had/have no problems with it. It can get a little slow for defense when you're talking about doubles but overall, if you know what you're doing you can play defensively with this racquet, no problem.

7. pw2002

pw2002 Regular Member

Just wanted to add that it's best to string it at around 21 lbs if you're just starting, and then progressively up the tension as you get better. When I was a noob I started out stringing it at 20 and now I'm stringing it at 25 which is just perfect.

8. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Jonas Rasmussen is a famous doubles player and he uses the Wilson K-Tour. So why not ?

9. aznphi1osopher

aznphi1osopher Regular Member

Both rackets are great. I personally love the Ktour. However, just a freindly reminder, at the moment, the Wilson rackets cannot support more than 26lbs, so try not to go higher than that. Anything higher would be luck and stringer's skills.

Wilson sent me 2 of the rackets a few days ago (as i just got sponsored woo hoo), and after getting it restrung, I love it.

10. apamacam

apamacam Regular Member

wah.. so lucky of u.. btw how do u find kblaze in attacking? really lose compare to ktour? thanks