Malaysian Badminton Players in 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by champion8, May 21, 2008.

1. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

I believe the women standard in our country have risen and there is a possibility that the women may perform better than the men from 2010 in team event. The Junior standard and the national standard are pretty close and the interest in the junior girls standard are high compare to a few years ago.

What do u think? Do u think we be able to match country like China, Korea and Indonesia ?

For the mens, there seem to be gap between the national back up and the national and unless something fast is done to push and identify young talent, we Malaysian may not have any hero to worship especially in the men single

Who do u think will be able to climb the rank and break thru the international arena in two years time. Men and Women.

Bear in mind, in two year time we have a few major tournament like Commonwealth Game, Asian Game and Thomas Uber Cup. For the U19 there is a first Olympic Youth Game in Singapore 2010.

2. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

from what i understand from the players in BAm there is only 3 mens left in the backup in Rashid group. Wei Fong, Chun Seang,Arif and Darren. Those who are with Misbun are 4 boys who are 20 years old which incl: Chan Kwong Beng. Coming of age will be 3 to 4 of them in the BJSS.

They are the one to fill the gap in the singles and seriously i agree with YKH something drastic have to be done or we can forget about Thomas Cup.We could actually rope in WCH to help out in the mens department or we could seek foreign help.

A revamp on the training programme is important. There should not be too much propriety claim. The coaches could work as a team to develop players for the nation. Sometime i wonder how come the men single are split into 2 coaches or 3 coaches for the matter. (Misbun,Tat Meng and Rashid).

As for the ladies, it is important to identify a chief coach to take charge of the women single and double. To progress further, the ladies must have a chief coach who will oversee their development in sports, mental training and endurance. I can see that the ladies have improved but to be in par more have to be done.If Uber 2010 to be successful changes have to be made immediately and an identity programme have to be set up.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Don't forget as there are also other talents that is not in the BAM programme.

4. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

u r right. KLRC 2 have a development programme. The question is will they be able to compete with BAM in terms of funding and opportunity. From what i understand KLRC have been under expense account for quite sometime even though Dato Kam is rich and have a passion for badminton and he has been kind to all the ex BAM player but will his club be able to run successfully in the long run.

5. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

BAM have said they will do a revamp after Olympics. Just wait.

How about Zulfaldi? do u think he is good?

6. ericTDX

ericTDX Regular Member

Student
    zulfadli is already beating players more senior than him now, i think he`ll definitely continue to improve and be a world beater one day..
    but i don`t think 2010 will be his year, probably 2015 when he`s more matured?

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    How about NG LAY PENG?

8. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

who is Ng Lay Peng

9. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Ang Lay Peng i guess...

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Dont forget to include Hafiz Hashim in the plan oso..

11. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

woh... why. we r talking about 2010 players.

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    He always get the place in the squad. No matter how bad is his performance.

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

agree with this.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    we will know the asnwer soon
    start from mas open 2010:)

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Might as well post the whole list here :

2009 18 yr old Juniors who will be in back-up in 2010 :

MS
    1) Iskandar Zulkarnain
    2) Syawal Muhammad
    Non BAM= Misbun Ramdan

MD/XD
    1) Chooi Kah Meng
    2) Pang Zeng Lin
    3) Goh Jian Hao
    4) Lau Win Hwi
    Not confirmed : Yeoh Chong Yee who's recovering from knee injury. Not sure if he will continue playing or go further studies

WS
    1) Tee Jing Yi
    2) Florah Ng

WD/XD
    1) Ng Hui Ern

As usual, there's a lack of women players who decide to pursue baddy as career.

#15 eaglehelang, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  16. eaglehelang

Back players who left BAM :
    MD - Khoo Chung Chiat(23 or 24 y.o). Was from Rashid Sidek's Project 2010 batch. He did not participate in 2009 Msia IC. Now his name is listed partnering Ng Kean Kok in MO 2010. If I not mistaken Ng is independent player, partner Hong CH before.

Not confirmed if still in BAM : WD & XD player Amelia Anselley. She is not listed in any events in MO 2010, where all the rest are, even BJSS juniors.

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ahhh ... optimism ... never leave home without it. :)

I agree with you to some extend that our women shuttlers have improved compared to say 5 years ago. But if we compare with others, we are still in the stone age as far as women badminton is concerned.

Can we match the women of China, Korea & co, my answer is no. We are still way behind. Yes, we had some success in Laos BUT I would like to think that we beat Indonesia in a one off game. Winning the SEA games team gold is no indication as we were quickly brought down to earth in the individual events, except for WPT/CEH the rest were bundled out. The Uber Cup will be the best gauge, and I doubt we can make even the semis despite the home advantage.

WMC, I think her best is behind her. And after her, we have a big gap. Lydia Cheah is average. In the doubles dept, I dont see any quality pairs in the horizon.

As for the men, I think we are in serious trouble. In the MS, other than LCW we have no one near his potential while in the MD, we have the inconsistent KKK/TBH and unreliable Fuzzy pair.

I predict a depressing badminton future for Malaysia in the coming years.

18. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

u forgot we still have Julia Wong?

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    she had back to sabah
    continue her study i think:(

20. eaglehelang

Yup, it's confirmed that Amelia Anselley has quit BAM. Wish her all the best in her studies.