load spreader needed?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Sgbad, May 22, 2008.

1. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Hi guys,
    I am using a eagnas 722e, Do u think a load spreader will be beneficial for my 6-point mount?Thanks!:)

2. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Anyone can advice me on this?

3. 2007fp

2007fp Regular Member

Student
    yes and no, depends on which load spreader are you referring to, but is better if you convert your top and throat to a hold down mechanism :D

4. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    How can i convert? I am refering to the MBS load spreader.

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Load spreader, a device solely used for suspension-mounting system, is a bad idea and can contribute to the infamous high-noon disease and the more sinister crack at the 5 o'clock location.
    Over-stretching of the load spreader causes high-noon disease. Even slight over-stretching plus the extended length on the top frame imposed by the load-spreader, which collectively makes the frame less round after stringing the mains, makes the 4 to 5 o'clock and 7 to 8 o'clock vulnerable to breakage. The frame, after the completion of the mains stringing, must be rounder than original. This extra "fat" provides the safety factor and prepares the frame well to take on the 10% higher tension of the crosses and the cross stringing starting from the top.

6. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    So i take that as not advisible to get a load spreader?:confused:

7. chicha

chicha Regular Member

Is this just your theory or you have encounter the breakage yourself when using the load spreaders?

8. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I guess sir taneepak sure has his reason for saying this.:)

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I have never broken any racquet when stringing. I have never used load-spreaders. The only damage I have inflicted on a racquet is to leave an impression on the paint of a racquet frame at the 4 supports.
    I have given stringing lessons to newcomers and other stringers, and from the stringing demonstrations feedback I observe, there have been some breakages at the 4 to 5 o'clock, even from experienced stringers. You will be surprised that there are a few ex-Hong Kong champions as well as Commonwealth champions who are in the badminton business, including stringing. Some stringers are too scared to start the crosses at the top with tensions of 30lbs and opt to start thr crosses from the midle or from the throat end.

I have 3 advices for breakage-free high tension stringing with the cross stringing starting from the top. No.1 is no load-spreader, no overstretching of the frame, and mount your supports well. No 2 is the same. No. 3 is again the same.