i bought my EdgeSaber at RM90 :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by deglow, May 24, 2008.

1. deglow

deglow Regular Member

jobless
    i bought my EdgeSaber at RM90. strung with ProAce string @ 24lbs. share some pic with u guys. :)

as u can see, the balance point Original is 295mm :)

haven't try it out. will update it after i try it.

Attached Files:

2. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Hi,

Care to share where you bought your edge saber from?

3. Khawai

Khawai Regular Member

woah. very cheap. Give a review on this racket. and compare it with the Yonex Arcsaber10. :D

#3 Khawai, May 29, 2008
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
  4. ivans

ivans Regular Member

Student
    wow~ thats really cheap!!
    btw.. .the way ur photo is taken to find the balance point looks familiar.... :rolleyes:

5. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    Its cheap!

Tips: Pls note its grommets quality are not so good. The strings really bite into the grommet and sit on the frame sharp edges. Change all the grommets then will no more problem. I had this issue once. Enjoy the play with it !

6. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    Its a lil funny how they have a warning on it well more so a recomendation:

"Do not expose to sun heat or leave in car boot
    the results may caused racquet warped"

7. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    Also funny how some Prince rackets have the exact same warning right down to the improper English. <insert conspiracy theory and suspicions about OEM here>

8. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    haha do they? i didnt know that, wow thats more than a coincidence then haha. yes they do have improper english its still pretty funny.

9. Heong

Heong Regular Member

I wish we had a Apacs dealer here in Sydney..
    what is the difference between the Edgesaber 10 & Arcsaber 10??
    is it a good clone?

practically everyone here in sydney uses Yonex.. getting boring. ;)
    might try babolat.

10. deglow

deglow Regular Member

jobless
    Khawai, i never use a Arcsaber10, so cant compare it. sorry. but i feel it is moving faster than (Apacs) Nano900Power & NanoSilverSpeed. the smashing power also very good. but all 3 Apacs racket i've tried, i found they are not as "Solid Feel" as Yonex. even compare with some Begineer Yonex such as Ti-2 & MP-15, Yonex got more Solid Feel. but i think the Visible Hollow will do better than this.

ivans, the method is copy from u one. lol~ but i'm using my K750 to take it, so the color is very dull. sorry for the picture quality.

Willi@m, how much is cost to change the grommets? any recommandation?

smash_master, i think they are just copy the whole thing from Yonex. maybe? but any really tried to put it on car boot and their racket really warped?

Heong, i think we really cannot put a RM100 racket to compare with a RM700 racket. u can try to break ur ES10 for 7 times instead of AS10 for one time. i believe Yonex really do many R&D to make a racket. Yonex may use top grade of material to make it but a RM100 racket may use some similar material but maybe 2nd or 3rd grade. i'm just guessing only. :p but for a RM100 racket, i can say Apacs is more than worth. for around RM100, think what model u can buy for YOnex? but ofcourse some of the player(Yonex Fans) maybe will dislike Apacs because of cloning the outlook of Yonex. but the point is in Malaysia or some Asia country, we maybe dun have enuff fund for getting a RM700 racket if our salary is RM1000. for some Euro country is much more cheaper if compare to the exchange rate & living cost.

another thing is the balance point very easy to move after i put a Yonex Aerotec Overgrip. my balance point is now 275mm. i'm finding some lead tape to make the head heavier. i found this is very easy to happen on a 4U racket, if 3U racket will move less than 10mm for overgrip it, tested with MP-15(3UG5).

11. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    Arcsaber 7

i just bought a clone Arc Saber 7, ( Impact Arc Power 7, free RSL Ti 630 string, 26lbs + apacs grip , RM120nett ) yesterday, and straight ahead i made it 1st appearence on court. A weird thing happened was, the string simply broke off after a 10+times hits during warm up session. the frame didn't hit any of the shettlecock head, or other object. i'm gonna made this complain to the seller. Any advise for this, everybody? :crying::crying:

12. deglow

deglow Regular Member

jobless
    i think is the stringing problem. i din feel any problem with the ES10. :p

13. zuihoujueding

zuihoujueding Regular Member

i've used edge saber 7 and 10.
    my opinion on 10 is its a very easy racket to use. moreover, its paintwork is super nice! i love it! unfortunately my partner clashed with my racket and it now have a battle scar...:(
    edge saber7 is stiffer. personally i like to use it during singles game. Apacs are dirt cheap and you cant find other comparable brands with that build quality for that price.

14. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

by the way, since apacs edgesaber 10 is a clone of Arcsaber 10, does this apacs really have GS carbon on the frame just like yonex?

and how about the ultra pef on the shaft? we couldn't 100% say that the technology in Arcsaber 10 can be found inside the Edgesaber 10, because of its cheap price. it could be only paintwork that said it had those tech in apacs.

which goes the same to Nano 900 power, which boasts elastic ti and micro ti, which is also originated from yonex.

15. KurOsHU

KurOsHU Regular Member

I Think 285cm BP is for unstrung ED10

16. deglow

deglow Regular Member

jobless
    zuihoujueding, i tried NanoSpeed, Nano900Power, Edgesaber 10. i feel the Nano900power has the best power & NanoSpeed has the fastest move. Edgesaber 10 move faster than Nano900Power but gain more power than NanoSpeed.

angelus_2012, i think they just copy the whole frame & paint work. but i think some technology is on the frame. if APACS copy the whole design, it may copy the technology also. i just guess only.. as i tried my fren's Armotec900 and my Nano900power. all the i can feel is Armotec is heavier(3U) + Stiffer, Nano900power is lighter which cant gain much power as the Armotec900 since is 4U. even the sound when u swing both of the racket is almost same, maybe coz of the BOX frame. i really dunno is correct or not, but this is just my feeling after trying it.

KurOsHU, i think u are correct. :) but i prefer more than 300mm BP. :p

17. KurOsHU

KurOsHU Regular Member

I couldn't agree more, I think ES10 is a even balance racket, not head light, so it can give a light maneuver and also a good support for power. CMIIW

One question from me, did you've tried APACS racket from Singapore prod? some friend of mine said that Sg prod are better from My prod (more solid) because of their QC. please give me your opinion...

18. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

Yup, a friend of mine (store) has also told me about this issue.
    ES10 is more on balance racket.

19. KurOsHU

KurOsHU Regular Member

:eek: Bro H4n5ip? :p

20. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

hi bro, nice seeing you again in another badminton forum.;)