if i grip...

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Daisuke, May 24, 2008.

1. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

i have a racket that is size 3UG4 and if i grip it will it be too big?? and if the grip is bigger does it mean it has more control and if the grip is smaller does it mean it has more power??/

2. danlinwanabe

danlinwanabe Regular Member

well it will depend on how big your hand is, we cant tell you how the grip will feel in your hand.. all your posts are becoming quite annoying

3. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    awww.....
    dont be too harsh on the guy.....altho i do agree.....mayb before you post a question like that it would be better to use the search function on the forums before u ask....as most of ur thread have been discussed to death previously....

but yeh basically, g4 is one of the smaller grip sizes, i duno if u are aware but grip sizes are G1>G5, and the weight is 1U>5U.

so erm pretty much if u put a grip on top of the original grip it may be too big for u.......unless u have a giants hand...
    ...personally watchever size grip the racket is i always replace the grip and regrip from the wood.

there is no real evidence to suggest big grip= more power etc. altho some generally agree that large grip gives more power but the problem is too big a grip and it becomes difficult to change grips in a fast exchange in game. whereas too small a grip will make it easier to hurt ur wrist as there is too much leverage. i would just say go with whatever is comfortable for you. at the end of the day its its comfortable= happy badmintoning!:p

i would suggest as a frame of reference just take ogg the origina grip, and put a replacement grip straight over the wood...ie karakal pu supergrip. if u find it still too small.....an overgrip should do the trick ...ie yonex supergrap overgrip.

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I believe it's all up to the matter of personal preference.
    I prefer having a thin grip on my AT700 ( head-heavy ) and a thicker grip on my MP40 ( head-light ). It seems like that thicker grips are better for wristy players and thin grips for the more hard-hitting arm-based players IMO.

5. 2007fp

2007fp Regular Member

Student
    Daisuke, I dont know what about you try it out and tell me after, I am sure you can grip a handle big, and then grip the handle smaller, and smaller until there is no more overlap with the same grip. is all personal preference.

Mine is just one layer of overgrip with minimal overlap(over the original grip G4), thats how I like it for no specific reason, THATS JUST HOW I LIKE IT.

So test it out and give us your results.

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    The bigger the overall grip size the more power and the smaller the overall grip size the more control you have but it does depend on how big your hand is. Say your hand size should fit G1 and the smallest is G5, it is best you go for something in the middle to balance out the power and control such as G3.

#6 phandrew, May 24, 2008
    Last edited: May 24, 2008
  7. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member