User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help With Fitness

Hi all

I've been told by my coach that i need to get my fitness levels up. I have the shots needed but i need to be fatser off the mark, making sure the first couple of strides are the quickest, and enable you to take the shuttle early. He suggested situps, press-ups, bike-ride/runs, skipping. etc. Can someone please come up with a good daily routine or plyometric programme that will help be build up my speed but most of all my stamina. Any help will be appreciated so please don't hesitiate.

Many Thanks
    Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try walking or cycling to work. Get those freekin 1 person/car people off the road!! It works wonders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, endurance i recommend long distance biking and jogging

speed, i'm not sure, since i'm already quite fast... i would like to know myself...

quick bursts of power (to get a drop shot, i hope you know what i mean..) i suggest doing squats...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Matt,

i don't have any scientific way to most effectively increase your fitness. however, i concur with the other, cycling is a very good way to get yourself fit.

i suggest doing some pure endurance exercise to build up a good aerobic base, strengthen your heart. and within it, mix in some anaerobic elements.

i used to do a lot of long distance cycling, tens and sometimes hundred plus miles a week. if you can stay on the bike and cycle at 70% total aerobic output for 3-6 hours on a stretch, and keep that up for a year or two, you will have a very good basic fitness.

and while you are out biking, add in some anaerobic work as well, sprint up the hill, sprint to the next light pole, sprint to the stop sign, etc. this will not only build leg strength, it will help with your explosive power as well.

biking is also a good complement for badminton, as it will be outdoor.

i used to live in Bath down in Avon, there are some very beautiful countryside and rolling hill over in the UK. so make good use of it.

another good endurance exercise is swimming. but i am never good at swimming so i can't comment on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

Thanks for the great reponses. Please, if you can suggest something, anything at all, please don't hesitate to post something, whatever it may be.

Thanks to all that have responded so far!
    Many thanks again
    Matthew Ross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

swimming is a good idea... it helps endurance, breathing, total body strength and helps make your body muscular all around.... too bad i stopped swimming practically...