How to Buy Yonex Shoes in Wide?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by KazeCloud, May 25, 2008.

1. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    Hi. I have extremely wide feet. Usually 3E or 4E in regular running shoes, and I usually have to buy and wearing those New Balance shoes while playing because Nikes don't come in wide in stores. I want to buy some badminton shoes soon but don't know how to choose the wide one or see the selections in Badminton Alley. It would be best to go to the store itself but I still need to know what kind of sizes they come in width and how can you tell? Thanks.

2. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

I havent seen any wide Yonex, they seem to come in only length sizes.

Mizunos come in wide, so you might consider that instead.

3. kingkiller48

kingkiller48 Regular Member

Student
    I personally have a wide foot, and I use SHB90. It's a little wide, you know. I think there are new models. I kind of forgot the numbers, but they are for wide feet.

Apparently, I tried SHB100 and it fits me greatly even though I have a wide feet xD

4. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    so far the only ones that arer really wide are SHB80W and SHB79W. both models come in mid and low cut

5. liint

liint Regular Member

I've got an extremely wide foot as well and the shb100mx fit for me. The toe box was surprisingly accommodating.

6. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

How about this one: Shb80 W (W=wide)
    [​IMG]

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I've seen some wide nike shoes in Nike factory outlets. Not sure if they are the wides you require but yeah they do have some.

8. ToMitch

ToMitch Regular Member

9. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for so many replies. I almost forgot about this thread.

Wow really? Extremely wide feet and SHB-100 MX works? I also love blue shoes so that Shb80W would work also. Sorry I'm not going to quote everybody.

So I'm down to SHB-100MX and SHB-80W.

But I don't like red. Is the SHB 100LX only made for girls with girl paddings? Or is it just color difference? If not I'll just go for SHB-80 W, that looks cheaper and its okay.

10. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    Liint. How wide is your feet exactly? Mine is approximately 4 1/2 of an inch wide throughout the whole foot. Translated to about 11 to 11 1/2cm.

Jhirata, I can't seem to find a store that sells SHB-80 W in the U.S.

11. liint

liint Regular Member

just over 4.5" at the widest and 10" long. I have 4e or 5e flippers. The size 10's did fit, but the 10.5 were a little more comfortable. So far so good after 1.5 hrs of play in my shb100mx. Go try them on at a local shop to see if they fit. You should be pleasantly surprised. Then order online.

12. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    Great. You foot is even wider than mine then. Weird how the most expensive Yonex shoes come in wide. How does it fit regular people? O.O

13. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

The actual shape, not just the total width matters. My foot is wide through the foot part, not just the toes. I used to buy normal shoe widths and then recently I went up a shoe size and now I'm contemplating trying a different width (although it's only my left foot that's a problem). I have been unable to find an indoor court shoe (In the USA and size 13 or 14 which limits my options) that is wide enough for me.

So far I've tried (and failed):
    Yonex 100MX
    Ashaway AST 5500
    Asics Gel Rocket III
    Asics Gel Rcoket IV
    Wilson EB7
    Head Sonic 900
    Prince NFS O3
    Adidas BigRoar

Hopefully the 100MX's will be wide enough for you but definately try them on before buying because you said that your foot was wide all the way along and I suspect that you'll have the same problem that I did with width. Especially right where the "Lateral claw" is because that part can't stretch at all.

DinkALot said that the SHB91's are wider than the 100's but I haven't tried them yet.

14. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    i think DinkALot has some connections where he can get big sizes for Yonex shoes.

15. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    Aw. My feet is wide throughout the whole top half, past a bit to the middle to the heel where it finally starts to recede about only half and inch.

16. liint

liint Regular Member

Just go try them on. If they fit great, if they don't, keep looking. No use lamenting on the internet until you've actually tried them.

17. weinsteinium

I've discovered that for me, part of the problem is that my foot flattens quite a bit without arch support. So superfeet (green) makes shoes a lot more comfortable. It sounds like your feet are just wide so that may not help.

Also check out this webpage with alternate ways to lace up your shoes. They can help give you a bit more space.

http://runningshoes.ransacker.co.uk/How-To-Lace-Your-Running-Shoes.html

Between the superfeet and the widefoot lacing I've managed to save a pair of shoes that used to be too tight to wear. Still looking for a pair of badminton shoes though :(

18. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    I really want to buy the Shb-80W and I have read that they have model 2008. They are the perfect color and on the Yonex Japanese description they say something about 4E. I think they mean 4E wide! What else could they be saying. However, I can't seem to find a place where they are selling it. Jhirata, where did you get your pictures, did the website that you found it sell the shoes?

Edit: Nevermind I found that Shuttle-house sells them. How do you choose the sizes?

[​IMG]

Also should I get the Shb-80W Mid? They have higher ankle support but its red. Is it a good thing to have a higher ankle support?

#18 KazeCloud, Jun 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  19. weinsteinium

Sadly they only sell through size 29 :crying:

Looks to me like you choose a size (I believe that japanese sizes are the length of the shoe in cm) and then enter a quantity. So if you want one pair in size 28 you would go to the drop down at 28cm and choose "One".

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    for those who are looking for SHB80W, i just got a pair from Mister Keen in HK.

you can contact them here:

mksg2@biznetvigator.com