Damn! There goes another one

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I got my Winex Aerodynamic 200 restrung today at 24lbs. Its an aerotus frame like racket and when i brought it home, i realised that the frame was bent. Is 24lbs too high a tension for a pure graphite no titanium racket similar to Yonex aerotus rackets?

Thanx for all replies

2. Magnus

Magnus Guest

If the frame is a weak construction this could happen, but normally you should be OK. I really don't know about those Winex racquets though... It sounds like a case of poor stringing. Cut the string and the frame will return to its normal shape (if it's 100% graphite that is). Or return it to the shop and have them cut it. Do not play with it until you get it fixed.

3. Magnus

Magnus Guest

Just a thought... Have you checked the frame for cracks, etc? Is it structurally intact?

4. Don

Don Regular Member

Not at all, I've done 27 lbs on a Carbonex 5. Darnn thing wouldn't break until I connected with a wall. I had this racquet strong at this tenion for 3 years. I've heard that winnex racquets are pretty weak.

5. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    I didn't notice any, there wasnt any damage in the racket frame...... Are you sure the racket will go back to its normal shape if i cut the string?

6. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Yeah but Carbonex rackets have tough frames. The aerotus type frames are really slim but at the same time wide in the opposite way

7. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've a Winex SQ-800 strung with BG85 at 24 lbs and the frame is still ok. However I think tension higher than 26 lbs will be too dangerous for that Winex.

8. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    I think 24lbs is already dangerous for the AD-200. Its not an isometric frame, its one of those slim width wide depth type frames. Anyway, i cut the strings off it already and its ok now