BADZINE LAUNCHES NEW TRADITION in hosting badminton fans

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by Raphy, May 28, 2008.

1. Raphy

Raphy Regular Member

BADZINE Welcomes the World to Paris

Badzine, the Badminton information-related website channel is happy to offer a great opportunity for badminton fans from all over the world to discover Paris during the upcoming French Open – Internationaux de France – from October 28th to November 2nd.

The idea behind this “Badzine Trip” to France is to provide our international guests with FREE lodging during the event – thanks to the offer to host, that is coming from badminton fans and families in Paris and its surrounding areas.
    “To us, this is a way of welcoming badminton fans to Paris, from all over the world and of helping them to discover the French culture, to live with French people for a few days, and to take this opportunity to enjoy one of the best tournaments in the world – the French Open, part of the Super Series circuit. It brings a human side to the competition and we are very keen on starting a new tradition of sharing our common passion among badminton lovers,” said Raphael Sachetat, Chief Editor of the Badzine family.

Fans from abroad can start planning their journeys, and focus on their travels as the lodging will be arranged and free of charge – they will be hosted by selected families. Badzine will put the hosts and guests in contact prior to the trip so that all arrangements can be made in advance to make this trip smooth as well as memorable.

In a recent poll on the French version of Badzine, in only a few days, more than 200 families and hosts offered spontaneously to welcome a badminton fan from outside France, proving their willingness to share their passion for the game with people of other nationalities as well as their culture with people from different backgrounds. An ideal way of discovering also the charm of French home made cuisine ! Hosts and guests will probably come and watch the event together, and Badzine will buy group tickets for the event, to make it even cheaper for our guests. It will also be a great opportunity for the guests to discover Paris, but also to join their hosts for a badminton session in one of the many badminton clubs in the Paris area.
    Badzine will try to organize special sessions of autographs and meetings with the top players from their own country during the event to give our guests a special taste of the VIP treatment.

On top of that, the Badzine team will organize a giant party with all badminton fans and their hosts and families in Paris, for an unforgettable night in the City of Lights. This should lead to some strong bonds between French and International badminton lovers, and a global exchange in the years to come, leading to the World Championships to be held in Paris Bercy in 2010. The French Federation has vowed to help out the Badzine team and will publicize this new idea in their official Magazine and website.
    Fans interested in joining this unique field trip can already log into the official website to fill out a first questionnaire and start preparing for their journey for next October.

This trip is the third field trip organized by Badzine, but is the first one welcoming fans to France. The first two editions saw French fans go to the World Championships in Madrid, Spain, and then, the following year, to Kuala Lumpur, for an unforgettable journey.
    The Badzine fraternity now has over 30 correspondents from all over the world amongst which some will come during this special event. Also, we can put people from the same region in touch before the trip so that travel plans can be made together (and get extra discounts !) We’ll put you all in touch once you have filled out the application form.
    Hoping to welcoming you soon on board the First French Badzine Trip !!!

Badzine is a channel of Websites, with a French (www.badzine.fr), German (www.badzine.de), French Canadian (www.badzine.qc.ca) and International version (www.badzine.info) created by Raphael Sachetat, who has been reporting on badminton and following the international circuit since 1999. Badzine is closely related to Badmintonphoto, the official BWF Photo Agency.
    Badzine however is not a travel Agency and will only act as a link provider between French hosts and International guests as well as providing discounted rates for the event. There will be no liability nor insurance policy as everyone will be responsible for their own travel plans and insurance policies.

redaction@badzine.info
    Tel : +336 60682504

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^That's really neat..^^

...hmm, i'm looking fw to the 2010 World Championships in Paris, France...who knows, i might visit there..:cool:

3. shreky

shreky Regular Member

hi. i think this is great. i applied to the badzine website but i'm not sure if it took my application. it just went back to the application form after i submitted my request. anywayz, i been planning to go to paris this year. i been to france before but not in paris though. au revoir! :)

4. shreky

shreky Regular Member

btw, anybody also going to the denmark open?

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

This is such a great idea and good exchange programme in the making.Sounds too good to miss esp. after I've cancelled my OG08 trip.Count me in. Who else is going?

6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

This is a fantastic idea coz the accomodation in Europe is very expensive. Living with the local folks allows us (the asians) to learn their culture and language. Very tempted and if time and $$$ permit, I'll definitely consider.

Never been to Paris and I'm sure it's one of the most romantic cities in the world. :)

7. shreky

shreky Regular Member

i want to go but .... EWR to CDG is $800 (and that's freaking coach class!) ..... i remember just a few years ago when you can go to London for just over $300 .... the good old days of cheap gasoline is gone! :(

8. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

I'm in! Definitely a great plan. Tarek (Syaoran_Style) told me about the French Open this year, and he made it very attractive to go there...

Mmm...

9. bocah

bocah Regular Member

count me in :D, still waiting for the information though...