review request for Dinkalot

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by gy79bc, Jun 2, 2008.

1. gy79bc

gy79bc Regular Member

programmer
    Sir Dinklot:

You seems have all kinds of racket in hands. Could you do a comparision
    review among

Head Metallix 8000
    Apacs AMP 90
    Apacs Edge Sabre 10
    Apacs VH1800
    Yonex Arc Sabre 10

Rate them in terms of clearing power, smahing power, control, defense

So it can be served as buying guide when we shopping.

Thank you very much

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Dinkalot, you mean? :cool:
    (The title has since been corrected.)

The question is whether Sir D has time on his hands ;)

3. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I would say, you're best bet is to send him a PM.

And have your request put in the same folder as the other 212 requests to test stuff for them every week....
    ;)

4. Marshmallow64

Marshmallow64 Regular Member

Agreed ^^^^ haha

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer

I am puzzled...

Will you buy and send/give the rackets to Dink for testing? Or do you expect him to purchase rackets just to test them for you???

/Twobeer

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Good call Mr. T. I think Panda will not object to that idea of other people send him racquets for testing...

May be you and I can test a couple after 2 liters of beer...

7. jerby

jerby Regular Member

If that's the scheme...

I'll be happy to help people 'review' their stuff! I promise to do it thoroughly ;)

To all takers, I like Micropower white at 28lbs, and a white towelgrip,wrapped up the cone....

EDIT:
    I don't mean to flame anyone here, and it is not my goal to attack the OP. But a lot of the folks here on BC who're known to test/review stuff do get a lot of strange requests indeed. Some are, well, slightly ambitious. Others head straight into weird.
    I have no problems doing reviews, or testing out new stuff.
    But people, keep in mind we're just baddy-players with an additional hobby, limited funds, no abundance time and no everlasting enthusiasm
    :)

#7 jerby, Jun 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  8. gy79bc

gy79bc Regular Member

programmer
    my intension is to ask Dinkalot add those into his review charts

The reason to do comparing review with ARC10 is that people who intended to buy none yonex racket have a common base to judge.

For many badders here, we do not have acceess to sports store with badminton racket, so decision to select is purely based on what other user's opinion.

APACS is widely considered as alternative, that's why they are included.
    Head metallix seems using a new material and many of us not even touched

Sir Dinkalot does seems have all kinds rackets. It would be handy for him since he is the BC review master. If Doctor Silentheart like to do a review,
    we all very happy to see and listen.

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) I do not speak for Sir DinkALot. However, I personally know he spend a lot of money every year on badminton gears. He can only review what he can get his hand (or paw) on. So if he by any chance gets one of the racquet you requested, I would not doubt that he will post the review. However, please do not ask him to go out of the way to do a review he has no intention to do.
    2) My comparison is biased due to some reason I can not disclose. So, I will not be a good person to ask. If you are asking for ARC10 review, I already posted mine opinion in ARC review section.
    Also, just because ARC are the newest racquets, it does not mean they are the gold standard. Every one has different gold standard. Mine is Cab30ms.

Good luck and best wish.

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    haha, I am trying to stay of some of the beer to get below 10% body-fat :p
    Beach 2008 here I come :cool:

/Twobeer

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Any good action at the beach, Master TB? :D:cool:;)

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
  13. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    Nice questions, sounds a little too much work for Dinkalot. On another note, it is extremely frustrating finding reviews for the Arc-10. The threads are cluttered with pages and pages of information on it before it was even released. I have only read one or two reviews made my Ants, and I'm still vague on what kind of racket it is.

14. IBaddersI

IBaddersI Regular Member

School
    Having been an active member for over a month at first I thought the forum was amazing as there was so much information. The reason for this tread is due to the poor structure of the Equipment Forum and the Racket Recommendation / Comparison forums. The Badminton Equipment Reviews problems with forum is broken and needs to be fixed urgently. Here are my this forum.

1.The Equipment Forum and the Racket Recommendation / Comparison are very similar.

· Make 3 new forums, Racket Reviews, Racket discussion and Other Equipment.
    · Racket Reviews Would be divided into different brands and then each individual racket. A standard template would have to be made and the ability to rate the reviews to give them a weighting. Numbers could be assigned for certain properties of the racket like power and control. Hopefully there would be enough reviews so that the numbers would become accurate.This is this biggest problem with this website as it relies heavily on a few individuals for the vast majority of it reviews. As people trust them but obviously they can’t review every single racket in the world due to limited funds and time. Every user should be able to contribute as its better to get reviews from a larger range of players for a more accurate and balanced review.
    · Racket Discussion would include discussion about new rackets and anything about rackets that’s not a review.
    · Other Equipment would include discussion about any equipment that does not have its own separate forum.

2.The forums are very hard to navigate. Many threads are 10+ pages which means its hard to find useful information. Allow the first post to be edited so that it can include most of the important information.

3.How does this website make money? Allot the users purchase from online shops. BC could earn allot of commission from this and use the money to pay for better servers so it could host larger files to help with the tournament video sharing.

4.Buy and sell maybe divide into different continents.

5.Stickies need to be reviewed and updates.

6.Update the home page please world rankings from 2005!!

Just my thoughts

Jon

15. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    We do have a review section but it hasn't being updated yet. Not sure yet though.