post moving...

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by UkPlayer, May 9, 2002.

1. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Great little innovation to move the post. Just wondering though whether it is worth leaving the post on the forum and highlighting it as moved, as that seems to defeat part of the object of moving it.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    UkPlayer,

yes. post moving is a great feature. and one that i really yearned for in the old forum!

i had the same debate with myself regarding the link. i have yet to come up with the answer. perhaps it is more appropriate if the posting hasn't been made for too long. so it will just move completely to the appropriate forum.

and if the post has been left there for a little bit and many users have read it, perhaps it is better to leave the link so the thread won't be "lost".

what do you think?

3. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    I was thinking the same as you too when my first post was being moved. :p
    But then I think it is good to leave it as "moved" for the first few days to inform the posters that their posts had been moved.

If the "moved" notification will be automatically remove from the wrong forum, it will be great!

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. that's a good point. it will tell the poster that they had posted it in the wrong place, and hopefully that will serve as a reminder in the future.

your suggestion is excellent, be able to take out the "moved" link after a few days. but unfortunately, that feature isn't in the software. and in fact, i can't find a way to remove the link either. but i am sure there must be a way to do it..

5. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    nothing is perfect in the world, still!!! haha..
    hope you can figure out a way to do so, good luck, kwun.

6. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    I didn't see the other side that perhaps the poster will wonder where their posting has gone.

So knowing that I think it should stay the same. The last thing you want every time a post has been moved is a new post asking where the post has gone!

I don't think the post will be there too long anyway as new/updated threads will push it to the bottom and off the page.

Cheers
    UKP