Armortec 900 Technique or Power?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by iceshoc, Jun 5, 2008.

1. iceshoc

iceshoc Regular Member

student
    so i want to buy a new racket and ive decided its going to be an armortec. but i cant figure out which one. can you please give me some reviews of each of these rackets and give reasons why each one is better than the other. or should i get the AT700.. i heard that racket is legendary.
    i love to smash but i also love to play at the net and do drop shots so im really confused.

i love badminton
    peace out

2. b0urg301s13

b0urg301s13 Regular Member

Technopreneur
    about 80% of those who tried the technique likes it, compared to only 40% of those who tried the power...of course this is just a rough survey i did amongst my badminton friends, which numbered to about 50 players....

3. yinsoon

yinsoon Regular Member

student
    hehe i think the decision should be

Armortec 900 Technique or Armortec 700 :p

But if you take it on the basis that a racket will compensate for you weaknesses then AT 700 might help wit more power, and AT900T with more control. Or else you can approach this from an opposite angle and ask how your skill can compensate for the racket, can you control a head heavy racket at the net, or generate big power from an AT900T lol...

My 2 cents =)

4. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Regular Member

I've tried out both the armortec 900 technique and power, the technique is easily better for drop shots and net play while the power made things difficult in that category but helped my drives and smashes quite a bit. I recommend the technique but that's just personal preference due to my love of drops and net play. Pick whichever one suits your playing style.

5. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    Depends on what you are using (the nature of your current frame)currently and how consistent you have been hitting the sweet spot.

If you are using a medium flex like AT300, then it will take you longer to adjust to the AT900P than AT900T.

Once you get used to AT900P, AT900T will not give you the feel of that extra "Umph" feel. BUT it does take patience to get used to 900P. If you want an easy transition, go for 900T.

Right now for me, I love my 900P. It has a different "kick" point than the 900T. 900T's more aerodynamic frame with 10 & 2 o'clock Elastic Ti placement helps speed up the swing spped of the frame.

900P, you have to work a little harder to get there due to its box shape frame and a 4 & 6 o'clock elastic Ti placement.

If you do not mind the less maneurverable Carbonex 30ms for 1/2 the price, it is a great racket comparable to 900P in "umph" feel.

Both 900P and 900T are more maneuverable than Cab 30ms.

#5 otterfun, Jun 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  6. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

We've been talking about this over and over again.
    pls search related information about those two rackets.

7. E.Cheng

E.Cheng Regular Member

Student
    At900T is better than at700... at 700 too stiff and heavy headed (I might of thought it was too heavy headed because the at700 i used had no overgrip just the original grip and it was G5 or G4, forgot).

8. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    at-700 too stiff?:eek::eek:
    yes, i like at-700:D:D

9. chicha

chicha Regular Member

I like AT700 as well :D:D. But sometimes I used my AT900T. Both are very good rackets. You would find it easier to use AT900T if you got used with the AT700. AT900P needs some time to get used to compare to AT700..

10. SpendorK

SpendorK Regular Member

:):):)

AT900T more maneuverable & lighter than AT900P.

P more head heavier than T.

AT900T is too light for me.

But i prefer the AT900P so i sell off my AT700. :D

#10 SpendorK, Jun 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  11. E.Cheng

E.Cheng Regular Member

Student
    I got AT900T and played with a friend's AT900P and found that the technique was more headheavy.. btw both racquets were real and both were 3UG5. The Power had a replacement grip and my technique had original grip and two over grips.

The technique for me felt, more head heavy and lighter, but the at900p felt better when I smashed.

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    True..AT900T is head heavier.I got 2pcs of 900P,JP n TW and 1 pc of 900T myself,n both of the P r head lighter than the 900T.The strange thing is that even though it's head heavy,it still has a very excellent maneuverability.So,for those of u who thought that 900T is weaker than the P,u're wrong!900T is not a soft racket!

13. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

As we're on the subject of differences, I too have got a question. When I spoke to the official spokesman of Yonex Benelux in the Netherlands, the guy told me the Technique was stiffer than the Power... but I read on BC from many AT-900 users that it was the other way around. The Power is stiffer than the Technique. Could anyone clearify what it really is? Smichz maybe?

Thanks in advance, and this could be helpful for the thread starter aswell.

14. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    There were threads out that has many posts of people about these two rackets, and the racket didn't even come out yet. It was full of useless, posts and it was very hard to read through the seventy pages. So I think this thread can be a good start in the rackets debate. Especially now that lots of people had the chance to use it.

At-900P is better than technique. I have no need for technique's touch and defense, I never depended on my racket to perform control shots. Control is from me, not from racket. Power comes from me too, but racket helps a lot there. Personal opinion.

15. andrew chan

andrew chan Regular Member

the stiffness between the two is almost the same, i can barely notice a difference when i use the two, however that was last week, maybe tomorrow will yield a different feel

16. iceshoc

iceshoc Regular Member

student
    i wish i can demo these rackets damn it. does anyone know any shops that lets you demo rackets before you buy it in jakarta. anyways i went into MG sports today coz it had a big sale sign out the front but only the low end rackets were on sale. while i was there i had a chat with one of the workers and he reckons that arcsaber 10 is better and lighter than all these rackets. he says he gets alot of good feedback for that racket

anyways after considering for a while.. i think whichever racket i get.. i jst have to get used to it. i may have to pick based upon appearance heheh. i think the power looks better than the technique hehehe.

oh yeh and wats this elastic ti and its placement. 10 & 2 oclock and 4 & 6 oclock. wat does it do??

17. guardian

guardian Regular Member

Both are great racket!!!

I own both 3UG5 and this racket really good in defensive, net play, smashing, clear etc!!!!! I like both!!!!

18. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

I recommend to try before buy. Don't you have any friends who has these weapons? there are quite lot number of player using this weapons so far.
    find out in your court, you may find some people using this racket.

19. iceshoc

iceshoc Regular Member

student
    where do u play h4n5ip?
    the court that i play in.. ive taken notice.. no one uses it.. or i play on a routine basis so i see the same ppl all the time and no one has it hehe

20. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

I play at taman surya near to taman palem.
    At my court you can try as many as Arch 10, 900T/P, Ti-10.
    Where do you play?