Threads reset

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by viver, May 9, 2002.

1. viver

viver Regular Member

Hi Kwun,
    Really have not thanked you about this nice place you set up for us, the badminton fanatics. It's really a place where I visit frequently to read and learn from other posters on badminton issues, and not only...

I'm writing to you because I noticed from sometime - not sure if anybody else mentioned to you already - after posting a message and returning to forum main topics page, all threads (the envelopes) are 'greyed' as if all messages were already read, which is not true. Not only the current forum where I'm posting but all the others too. This won't happen if I don't post.

Another thing, which is probably minor, I posted an reply to Steplantis for his smash article but can't find anywhere. I remembered I posted after yours.

Anyways, it's been for me a pleasant place to come and visit. Thank you again for all your efforts for keeping this place so nice and pleasant for everybody.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    viver, what web browser are you using?

3. viver

viver Regular Member

4. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    I have the same problem and I am too using IE6.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks. that's a good data point. it may be some incompatibility between the software and IE6. i will take a look...

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    viver & Nic,

i am now running IE6. and i haven't seen this problem as yet. browsing through the support forum for this software doesn't appear to give any clues either.

the time out for going from unread->read to be 6mins. could that be the cause?

7. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    That's not the cause, cuz I already set the "Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)" option to YES.

But it is ok, no biggy, I will just browse through all the current post one by one since I have plenty of time at work everyday. ;)

Thanks Kwun.

8. viver

viver Regular Member

Hi Kwun,
    The problem happens to me only when I post something. After posting the threads will change as if I have read them. One thing I noticed is that the threads status do not change until I exit the forum that I am reading. It works normally if I'm only browsing.

Just wondering, after posting a reply it appears to me that the system when adding the latest message refreshes all threads. When this is done all threads are set to read similar to exit and re-entering the same forum. :confused:

This not a big problem only that sometimes I get lost and may miss some of the unread posts. Thanks for looking into the problem anyways.

#8 viver, May 24, 2002
    Last edited: May 24, 2002