Badminton in downtown SF?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by apsylus, Jun 6, 2008.

1. apsylus

apsylus New Member

Hi all,

I am a graduate student from Chicago, interning in the Bay Area this summer. I will be living in downtown SF (Bayside Village), and am wondering where I may be able to play badminton regularly.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Pam

2. NoName1225

NoName1225 Regular Member

you wont. There are no badminton gyms in sf. There no open gyms for badminton that are regular either. There are some that are just one days. THIS: http://www.uswebcity.com/badminton.html#Schedule
    will help you out a little bit. But i've been to most of them, and they're cramped like crazy, and depending on your level and appearance, people might not play with you.

your best bet is to go to one of those badminton clubs outside of SF, but still in the bay area. If you take BART you can go to Bay Badminton, there's like a 10 min walk but it's easy on gas. Or if you're driving GGBC1 at menlo has a lunch special, well i'm not sure if they still have it, but a couple months back they have this special where it's like 4 bucks if you drop in from 12 to 1 (lunch time).

#2 NoName1225, Jun 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  3. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Ggbc2

Hi Pam,

You can go to Golden Gate Badminton Club (GGBC2) in Emeryville, right across the bay bridge (if you drive) or take bart to the MacArthur station and it is 5 min bike ride.

I'd be happy to play if you come by.