Lasik - Eye Surgery

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by chhayalak, Jun 6, 2008.

1. chhayalak

chhayalak Regular Member

Poor University Student
    Hi All,

I'm curious if anybody in the forums had Lasik eye surgery to correct their vision, and how it affected their badminton game.

I wear contacts, and sometimes my vision gets blurry depending how much I sweat through the course of the game. It's kind of annoying, and also contact wear over time is very uncomfortable, at least for me. So I'm very excited to get the surgery, and hopefully get 20/20 or even better vision. From that, hopefully my badminton game goes up 10 fold too!!:p haha

2. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    haha....i personally have not had lasik
    however, I hear it works wonders on daytime sight!
    im sure it would do good for badminton
    the only negative i have hear is that in some cases, peopl looking at bright lights at night may see "spikes"

3. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    What is the degree of your eyes right now?

4. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    Problems with bright lights at night can occur with the older machines, improper procedure, or as the eye is healing from the operation. People may also want to look into the other procedure PRK. Some places give the option of Lasik or PRK.

In my wife's case, because of her higher prescription (also high astigmatism), they recommended PRK. She had 12/8-something (or as some people in Asia call it 1200/800-something). She can now drive without glasses and plays badminton without the hassle of contacts. It has been almost 5 months now and there are no night vision artifacts or any bad side effects. Keep in mind that for the first while after the operation there is some dryness and pain...