need some advise on these rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by sqapg5, Jun 6, 2008.

1. sqapg5

sqapg5 Regular Member

I am a beginner and i gotten the AT 700 as my first racket.

I realise that it takes just a set or two to completely wear my strength out. Having not played badminton for almost 9 - 10 years. I guess my muscle is not in very good shape too. Maybe my technique is not even right to begin with.

I am considering getting a MP 99/MP100. or maybe the ti-10

Can someone give me some pointers over here. As i am currently taking badminton lessons. I think the AT700 is a good racket but maybe not for me at the current stage. Which of the 3 rackets should i get to make my training more fruitful?

problems i faced on the AT 700 are: it seems like i need alot of strength to hit the bird till the baseline. i am stringing it with BG 65 at 24lbs..

2. Marshmallow64

Marshmallow64 Regular Member

For me the MP99 requires more strength than the AT700. The Ti-10 is the better option in this case. Another problem is your string, the BG 65 is one of the weaker strings, try switching to BG 80 or BG 85, you will immediately notice a difference in power.

My recommendation if for you to keep playing with the AT700 for now but get it restrung with stronger string. Eventually you will develop more strength just by playing.

3. sqapg5

sqapg5 Regular Member

Was wondering, what would be the better tension i should string it at? i do not mind changing the tension for a start. Most importantly i wanna get the right feel of the racket. Then train with it and getting used to my AT700.

4. Marshmallow64

Marshmallow64 Regular Member

Tension is something you have to test around yourself with. Either lower or increase the current tension you have by 1-2 pounds. If you have a fast swing then you should be able to handle more tension. The slower your swing and the lesser the tension gives the racket a more bouncy feel. The more tension the more control.