Play in Waterloo/Kitchener?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by epihua, Jun 8, 2008.

1. epihua

epihua New Member

I will stay in Waterloo from Jun to August. Though living close to the UW campus, but I can't join the UW badminton Club because I don't have a WatCard. Forest Heights Center is full. Breithaupt Community Centre is too far from my place.

Does anyone know other good place for badminton in Waterloo/Kitchener area? Anytime except wednesday night works to me. I have played several yrs in SK, comfortable with both kinds of birds.

2. staples

staples Regular Member

3. emba33

emba33 Regular Member

If you a looking for good recreational level badminton, the following places are available this summer:

Breithaupt Community Center - Costs $4.25 (includes shuttle costs). July and August 2008 - Tuesday nights 7:15pm to 9:30pm and Sundays (1:00pm to 4:00pm).

Conestoga College - Cost $3 (bring your own shuttles). July and August 2008 - Thursday nights 6:30pm to 9:30pm at the Recreation complex.

If you need a ride, leave me a personal message on this site, and I might be able to arrange something.

KW badminton is a good place. There are higher calibre players overall, however, a membership is over $100 (which is very reasonable if you can use it a full year) -- but it might not be worth is for a few months. Also ... these locations average around 20 players on a given night.

-- Emba33