What they do after match?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by ardhitya.y, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ardhitya.y

ardhitya.y Regular Member

student
    Have u ever seen, for example, Gao ling and Lilyana natsir, shopping together after having a final matsh, or have u ever seen them walking, laughing, and sharing teknik together?
    What do the professional player actually do after match?

In Uber 2008, I saw several indonesian player like vita or greys, talking and laughing together with another German player, but i've never seen Li Yong Bo squad have any conversation with other team??

and it is usual to keep kontakt after tournament with other foreign players?
    Any opinion?

2. Dy_e4ia_TUC

Dy_e4ia_TUC Regular Member

college student
    well, i think what they do after match is handing their hand each other (jabatan) ho...9x...
    well, since they just meet the rival in court that probably only those persons again and again... i think they will have any contact outside the court... just like Trikus that ever being coupled with Gong Ruina....
    i think China don;t do such a thing outside the court coz Li Yong Bo is such a freaky man that catrol his players to be always aware with the Rival....
    BTW,,,,, i also confused why we have to chit chat in this forum since we can discuss this thing directly,.... ho,,,9x
    oh yah,,,,, ARdiThya.... do not make a lot of threads if you don;t want to beb bend from this Forum,,, ha...9x....

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Great... LYB is being blamed even if the players don't hang out together...

Guys, think before you talk. Most of the CHN players are not very good in english I suppose. Therefore, it's a bit hard for them to communicate with other team players, who don't speak chinese. I doubt there's too much politics or personality things involved...

I don't know why everytime, LYB is sent to the court, for something obviously has nothing to do with him. I remembered there's a report, saying LYB is this and that, simply because he prefers to use chinese when talk to media. Great, what you want him to use? His best language is surely chinese. Why don't you blame Roger Federra, Tiger Woods, or Michael Jordan, when they have to use english when they facing chinese reporters? :eek:

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Seriously, just because people play badminton together(or twice a month depends on tournament schedule) do not mean they have to be good friends, and do things together.

Two people may not like each other, but yet once they step in the court, then it is all badminton business... once the game is over, they simply go on with their own lives.

By the way... just to answer your thread question... "What they do after match?"
    The answer is simple "Go take a shower, as they smell badly after all the sweating in the match"

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    A perfect example is Ge Fei / Gu Jun. They were dominating WD for years, but off court, they are not even friends. Somehow, they just can communicate with each other when the game is on.

On the other hand, many couples really love each other, but once on court, they fight all the time, and the guys usually lose. That's why most couples prefer "not to play together". :D

6. ardhitya.y

student
    I mean, are there any players who make friend with the other foreign player out off the court??????????????

It is common, if, for example, susi susanti, make a friend with mia audina. sinse mia was her junior.... but have u ever seen susi with Bang-so Hyun or Ye zhouying talking, laughing, and making friend together, sinse they were rivaling eash other

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    What Is This Thread About?

If this thread is about post-match evaluation, de-stressing sessions, physiotherapy, etc., it will stay.

If, however, this is going to feature considerable drool about players, their imagined romantic liaisons and other posts filled with declarations of fan-love, this thread will not stay.

8. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Public dont know.Because live broadcast is only for on-court action.
    I prefer to see kkk on court.Whomever he is after a game,hes not an idol anymore.

But,still a good chit-chat to know their activities after a tough game.
    make friends is a good thing to do,but if they refused,be it.

9. ardhitya.y

student
    Dear Moderator,
    This thread not mean to discus about love among the players. I Just want to know what the professional players do after matsh, even with their opponent if it is possible.

I Know after the tournament prof.players will have an evaluation with their partner and coach ...

But, like koo_fan had said, that live broadcast is only for on-court action. I just want to know the situation that wasn't broad casted directly...

Are they (players) still be opponent out of the court.......???

Thx

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Susi and Mia were teammates when Mia was younger. They can SPEAK THE SAME LAGUAGE. Of coure, it's easier for them to communicate among each other. Just same as LD will talk to Bao, and brother Xia (XXZ) is a favorite among many younger teammates.

Regardless personality, language is the barrier in most of the cases. You can be the nicest guy in the world, but if I can't communicate with you, the chance for us to know each other is pretty much zero. :rolleyes:

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    The only off-court opponents are lin dan and taufik.Anyone else?

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Zhang Jiewen and Choong Tan Fook will probably get married after the Olympics. They are from two different countries.

13. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    oh i dont know if its me or something else..but they dont smell after training & match! but of course they will shower cuz sweats are yucky :p

oldhand, this made me LAUGH soooooooooooooooooooooo loud!!! Hahahahaha!!!

Its true btw, there are quite a lot of posts with 'considerable drool about players, their imagined romantic liaisons and other posts filled with declarations of fan-love'. Faint.

Ok stick to this topic everyone! May be some of us can ask those players what they do after match and post it here :)

14. Dy_e4ia_TUC

Dy_e4ia_TUC Regular Member

college student
    No OverNatioNalistic..

well,. Before sorry 4 d words that i might be writing b4 thinking.. Sure u must be Chinese right? U really show the empathy on ur writing.. He..9x just kidding with those things..
    Mmm, i agree it's depend on d personality of d player wether they will make a friend relation or not.. N ya language is being a problem in it.. I think what lilyana n vita did with germany players after beat them in uber SF match was just trying 2 be nice as host home (tuan rmh..Ha9x)..
    I have a pic that vita,butet,greys n japans players (seems like eriko) were hanging out 2gether in malaysia.. Ho..9x just wanna show off..

15. ardhitya.y

student
    Dyana=Dyana

really....... they were hanging out together.... please show us the Pix....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Romantic incantations are more suited to the Chit-Chat section.
    In this thread, drool is alright so long as it's "professional drool" :D

17. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

I remember hearing from one of the broadcast that BCL and LCW are good friends that they communicate via email. Maybe because both are Chinese.

18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Bao Chunlai is Chinese.
    Lee Chong Wei is Malaysian.

And one doesn't need to be Chinese to email another Chinese ;)

19. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    hm....
    this is quite interesting.
    Chinese = nationality? race?

Lee Chong Wei
    nationality = Malaysian
    race = Chinese?
    is that correct?

20. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member