0 Thread(s)

This is brilliant.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No one View Post
    bravo!

just a thought--really to exploit the benefits of the interweb, and also because now there are quite a few articles in "BB"--but have you thought of adding hyperlinks to various shots, or create some sort of set of references to particular shots (like an index)? so clicking on 'clear' would lead to say a new page in which you had "clear: in doubles; in singles; as an attacking shot; as a defensive shot; grip" etc etc

It's just a thought: I like the idea in theory, but wonder if in practice this would overly complicate matters (do we need that many links and interconnections? possibly not--it could be really annoying).
    It's a good idea. I've already started to add "Related topics" at the bottom of some pages, but I should go through and do this more thoroughly.

I quite like your idea of an index, though. This is something for me to think about. Thanks.

This is brilliant.
    Why, thank you, kind sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last thing....I'm sure you've thought of this--how about a more printer-friendly version?

have you ever thought about publishing this? because if you do an index it seems to me you're halfway there.....

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last thing....I'm sure you've thought of this--how about a more printer-friendly version?
    Have you tried printing a page? I thought it was all right. I should probably tweak the print styles, though. For one thing, I'm not sure whether the skill levels and handedness transfer correctly.

Or are you thinking of a "see the whole article on one page" option?

have you ever thought about publishing this? because if you do an index it seems to me you're halfway there.....
    Yes, I've thought about publishing this in print; and I may eventually do that. For the moment, however, I have some more interesting ideas that I want to pursue...

Besides, it will be better to wait until I have a more complete set of articles before I consider a book version. One of the great things about web publishing is that it's incremental.
    Last edited by Gollum; 06-11-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes I was thinking of 'see the whole article on a single page' altho in the case of singles tactics this is perhaps best broken down by topic?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes I was thinking of 'see the whole article on a single page' altho in the case of singles tactics this is perhaps best broken down by topic?
    Unfortunately, with my current code setup, this would require maintaining a separate version of the article: I'd have to copy & paste the pages together by hand.

The time taken to make an edit would be doubled. So I'm not going to do it -- not yet, anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2