How do I explain to a store owner that SP rackets aren't fake

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by andrew chan, Jun 10, 2008.

1. andrew chan

andrew chan Regular Member

^title, the owner of the store I regularly go to believes SP rackets are fake, but theyre not, I really don't want them to sound ignorant, since I think the store is awesome, so I'd like to educate them a little so they can understand it better.

So I'm going to need ur help on explaining to them, so I need some facts and ideas how I can say this in a diplomatic way, not just "ur wrong, SP rackets arent fake, theyre real"

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    why should the CDN store owner care?
    his job is to sell and warranty CD products. So what if your SP, JP, UK, blah blah blah is real, it will still be YOUR problem if equip has problem in canada . I think u r the 1 needed the education:p

#2 cooler, Jun 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  3. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Since your in Toronto, same as I, what store is this that thinks this?

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Dear Master Cooler,
    I agree with you. I think the owner should change the selling pitch to most of SP racquet in CAN are fake and they do not have warranty. In case of issue with warranty, the player is SOL.
    If I were Mr. Chan, I would say, "I agree that many of the SP racquet we see here are fake, the real one that is sold here are gray market. They do not have warrranty and no service like 'YOURS' here also."
    I hope this will make it easier for the store owner to swallow.
    PS, I think I know whaich store you are talking about.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

same thing if a yonex dealer strings a carlton or sotx racket and breaks it. It will be your problem if the dealer say it is not their fault. This yonex dealer care less about sotx or carlton design and stringing specs, it is not their job.

6. andrew chan

well i only wish for them to not appear to be ignorant, as not ALL SP coded ones are fake, I can't claim warranty on my rackets anyways since i string over the range the warranty covers. So this isn't really for personal benefit. Its just that the store owner drives their point on u so strongly, that it becomes annoying, and theyre really nice people, just a small flaw in their information that I hope to correct to make it better for her customers with SP coded rackets

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Andrew,

Take her on a date since you mentioned that the person is a "her". That might change her tune about SP rackets !! :D

About the tensions, yeah most of us do that anyways since Yonex is trying to be cautious about it because of stringers. Anyways, rackets have been replaced before by Yonex when then they are stringed above the supposed specs.

#7 Matt, Jun 10, 2008
  8. andrew chan

lol, im 15 xD

well i hope that doesnt give away which store it is, slipped up when i was typing, oh wells. Well the only reason i wanna inform her is cause she keeps puncturing u with the fact that her rackets are real cause theyre CD and SPs are fake, because theyre SP, its kinda annoying

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Ok, here is the other case.

What about if a customer brings in a US, JP, etc. What does she say? She can claim that SP rackets are fake but I have an idea up my sleeve. Probably fowarded her an email from Yonex Japan stating that they are real.

I guess you can mentioned that there are professional players which use SP as well.

10. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    I have no idea what your trying to tell him. He wants to tell the store owner that Sp coded rackets are not necessarily fake, and thats his problem.

I think you should first tell him exactly why it says Sp and not Cd. And then give Yonex a call about it, so you can tell him that you called Yonex and they said Sp is fine.

11. andrew chan

guess I have to tell yonex to tell her, i think she probably knows, just that SP prices are so much lower than CD for some reason, so she doesnt wanna lose out on profit i guess

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

here is my theory.
    Yonex canada dont have the time or manpower to check, answer questions and nor teach all the dealers in canada about JP, SP, etc products. So it is just a safe policy to tell ALL the dealers to ignore SP's and considered them all fakes since ~95% of SP rackets/products floating around are fakes anyway. The yonex/dealers are right 95% of the time and a cost efficient way to solve the fake problem. Even if yonex advise on SP products to their CD dealers, the CD dealers will still be never 100% correct all the time. So what value for them to know 5-10% of SP are real?

#12 cooler, Jun 10, 2008
  13. andrew chan

never thought about it like that, thats a really interesting theory cooler, but I thought dealers would know how to tell fakes from real rackets by looking at the serial number and other stuff

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Actually, there are many types of fake of the same yonex model, it is not that easy. Only some of us badminton nuts here know some of the techniques to ID the fakes. It is a constant learning curve such that no dealers are willing spend the time to learn it.

#14 cooler, Jun 10, 2008
  15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    To me, it's just like here is A (real), here is B (counterfeit), its' that simple just looking at it.

16. andrew chan

well she thinks an SP coded arcsaber 7 is hollow and therefore fake, and she thinks the paint job isnt smooth and stuff, but to me it feels like a real arcsaber 7... and she was said the person was complaining that it wasnt good, and i was just thinking, what if that racket isnt suitable for them.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

some people like matt can tell JP rackets are even smoother:p.
    CN/CP rackets are stronger because china team uses them;)

18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The Badminton String sub-forum has a thread on a similar issue.
    See here :)

Are andrew_chan and YinLoung are complaining about the same establishment?

19. andrew chan

nope, im in toronto hes in montreal, i just have to explain it out of good will, he sounds mad/disatisfied

I think the store owner where i go is really nice, so i dont want them to look ignorant

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Give the people at the store directions to 'Badminton Central'.
    That should enlighten them considerably ;)