User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 44
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How do I explain to a store owner that SP rackets aren't fake

    ^title, the owner of the store I regularly go to believes SP rackets are fake, but theyre not, I really don't want them to sound ignorant, since I think the store is awesome, so I'd like to educate them a little so they can understand it better.

    So I'm going to need ur help on explaining to them, so I need some facts and ideas how I can say this in a diplomatic way, not just "ur wrong, SP rackets arent fake, theyre real"

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why should the CDN store owner care?
    his job is to sell and warranty CD products. So what if your SP, JP, UK, blah blah blah is real, it will still be YOUR problem if equip has problem in canada . I think u r the 1 needed the education
    Last edited by cooler; 06-10-2008 at 03:49 PM.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Since your in Toronto, same as I, what store is this that thinks this?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dear Master Cooler,
    I agree with you. I think the owner should change the selling pitch to most of SP racquet in CAN are fake and they do not have warranty. In case of issue with warranty, the player is SOL.
    If I were Mr. Chan, I would say, "I agree that many of the SP racquet we see here are fake, the real one that is sold here are gray market. They do not have warrranty and no service like 'YOURS' here also."
    I hope this will make it easier for the store owner to swallow.
    PS, I think I know whaich store you are talking about.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    same thing if a yonex dealer strings a carlton or sotx racket and breaks it. It will be your problem if the dealer say it is not their fault. This yonex dealer care less about sotx or carlton design and stringing specs, it is not their job.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well i only wish for them to not appear to be ignorant, as not ALL SP coded ones are fake, I can't claim warranty on my rackets anyways since i string over the range the warranty covers. So this isn't really for personal benefit. Its just that the store owner drives their point on u so strongly, that it becomes annoying, and theyre really nice people, just a small flaw in their information that I hope to correct to make it better for her customers with SP coded rackets

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew chan View Post
    well i only wish for them to not appear to be ignorant, as not ALL SP coded ones are fake, I can't claim warranty on my rackets anyways since i string over the range the warranty covers. So this isn't really for personal benefit. Its just that the store owner drives their point on u so strongly, that it becomes annoying, and theyre really nice people, just a small flaw in their information that I hope to correct to make it better for her customers with SP coded rackets
    Andrew,

    Take her on a date since you mentioned that the person is a "her". That might change her tune about SP rackets !!

    About the tensions, yeah most of us do that anyways since Yonex is trying to be cautious about it because of stringers. Anyways, rackets have been replaced before by Yonex when then they are stringed above the supposed specs.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-10-2008 at 05:53 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol, im 15 xD

    well i hope that doesnt give away which store it is, slipped up when i was typing, oh wells. Well the only reason i wanna inform her is cause she keeps puncturing u with the fact that her rackets are real cause theyre CD and SPs are fake, because theyre SP, its kinda annoying

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, here is the other case.

    What about if a customer brings in a US, JP, etc. What does she say? She can claim that SP rackets are fake but I have an idea up my sleeve. Probably fowarded her an email from Yonex Japan stating that they are real.

    I guess you can mentioned that there are professional players which use SP as well.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    515
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    why should the CDN store owner care?
    his job is to sell and warranty CD products. So what if your SP, JP, UK, blah blah blah is real, it will still be YOUR problem if equip has problem in canada . I think u r the 1 needed the education
    I have no idea what your trying to tell him. He wants to tell the store owner that Sp coded rackets are not necessarily fake, and thats his problem.

    I think you should first tell him exactly why it says Sp and not Cd. And then give Yonex a call about it, so you can tell him that you called Yonex and they said Sp is fine.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    guess I have to tell yonex to tell her, i think she probably knows, just that SP prices are so much lower than CD for some reason, so she doesnt wanna lose out on profit i guess

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KazeCloud View Post
    I have no idea what your trying to tell him. He wants to tell the store owner that Sp coded rackets are not necessarily fake, and thats his problem.

    I think you should first tell him exactly why it says Sp and not Cd. And then give Yonex a call about it, so you can tell him that you called Yonex and they said Sp is fine.
    here is my theory.
    Yonex canada dont have the time or manpower to check, answer questions and nor teach all the dealers in canada about JP, SP, etc products. So it is just a safe policy to tell ALL the dealers to ignore SP's and considered them all fakes since ~95% of SP rackets/products floating around are fakes anyway. The yonex/dealers are right 95% of the time and a cost efficient way to solve the fake problem. Even if yonex advise on SP products to their CD dealers, the CD dealers will still be never 100% correct all the time. So what value for them to know 5-10% of SP are real?
    Last edited by cooler; 06-10-2008 at 06:27 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    never thought about it like that, thats a really interesting theory cooler, but I thought dealers would know how to tell fakes from real rackets by looking at the serial number and other stuff

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew chan View Post
    never thought about it like that, thats a really interesting theory cooler, but I thought dealers would know how to tell fakes from real rackets by looking at the serial number and other stuff
    Actually, there are many types of fake of the same yonex model, it is not that easy. Only some of us badminton nuts here know some of the techniques to ID the fakes. It is a constant learning curve such that no dealers are willing spend the time to learn it.
    Last edited by cooler; 06-10-2008 at 06:34 PM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew chan View Post
    never thought about it like that, thats a really interesting theory cooler, but I thought dealers would know how to tell fakes from real rackets by looking at the serial number and other stuff
    To me, it's just like here is A (real), here is B (counterfeit), its' that simple just looking at it.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well she thinks an SP coded arcsaber 7 is hollow and therefore fake, and she thinks the paint job isnt smooth and stuff, but to me it feels like a real arcsaber 7... and she was said the person was complaining that it wasnt good, and i was just thinking, what if that racket isnt suitable for them.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew chan View Post
    well she thinks an SP coded arcsaber 7 is hollow and therefore fake, and she thinks the paint job isnt smooth and stuff, but to me it feels like a real arcsaber 7... and she was said the person was complaining that it wasnt good, and i was just thinking, what if that racket isnt suitable for them.
    some people like matt can tell JP rackets are even smoother.
    CN/CP rackets are stronger because china team uses them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Re: 2 Yonex Voltric 80 from Popular HK Store (One Real and One Fake)
    By DrBranDo in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 14
    : 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM
  2. I found a store sell Forza string, possilbe fake?
    By dsmbooster in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 2
    : 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM
  3. Please explain this rackets:nanospeed 9900, arsaber zslash, armorte 900p
    By love_you_always in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 12-28-2010, 05:57 PM
  4. Yonex Badminton Rackets explain
    By Skanbuzz in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 05-02-2008, 09:39 AM
  5. Why aren't Yonex shoes made of leather?
    By SonicBoomAttack in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 9
    : 09-03-2007, 11:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •