User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 57
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    GP, AB
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I got these on my shoes too, SHB99M but I've been using these for a year now... planning to get new ones soon

    sorry for low quality, picture taken with my phone
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my SHB 99s died in 6 months, the area was becoming really fuzzy, so i got a pair to replace them

    looks like im off to get some medical tape, or worse comes to worse sew a patch of leather on there

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    asian/na
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    You sure about this??? I thought it suppose to be the side, as it can keep you balanced and provide "friction" during fast movement. I wonder how you can keep balance, when you only drag the top...
    w
    i am 100% sure about this. just when you are about to lunge you have to rotate your hips so you are squarely faced to the shuttle.

    some of you may say that pros dont follow this technique, but watch closely. it's not the side of the foot that's dragging, it is the (side) of the toe. (LD is an exception to this, he does both ways )

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Weird Hole?

    My SHB 90MX are quite old now but is it weird to have a hole on the side of the racket foot? on the outside... Has anyone had this problem before?

    Name:  shoes_shb90mx.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  166.5 KB

    BTW Its on the racket foot, I did this to show where the hole is.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    1,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck19_14 View Post
    My SHB 90MX are quite old now but is it weird to have a hole on the side of the racket foot? on the outside... Has anyone had this problem before?

    Name:  shoes_shb90mx.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  166.5 KB

    BTW Its on the racket foot, I did this to show where the hole is.
    that is totally common... i have holes on the outside of my shoe for both left and right on my shb98...

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The small hole on the inner side of the non-racket foot, near the ball of the large toe, is a sign of proper foot technique when braking during a lunge.

    The holes (or even tears) that develop on the outer side of the shoes (can be either foot) are a sign of the fabric beginning to wear down from use. These tears can also develop along seams. These tears occur near the bend that forms from the toe. To see the stress on the shoe caused by the toes bending, you can place your foot flat on the ground, then raise the heel such that the toes (all the way up to the ball of the toes) remain flush with the ground. You should notice that there are crease marks in the shoe or bends.

  7. #24
    Regular Member allyjack110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Name:  DSCF3045.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  78.3 KB

    As you can see I suffer from the same bad habit as well and these shoes are around 6 months old. Aside from obvious hole, the integrity of the shoe is still intact though. My right shoe still looks brand new. I really don't want to buy a new pair of shoes just yet. Is there anything you guys can suggest I use in the future to prevent this from happening again? I'm too old now to change my footwork now. I've used duct tape before but found it ineffective.

  8. #25
    Regular Member speedyJT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think professional players would have the same "problem" but we will never know because they change their shoes every 2 weeks or something like that ^^

    I have my new Yonex SHB-86 since 3 months and I already have a small hole on the left non-racket shoe. The hole is not complete "through" yet, but it already doesn't look that nice.
    I tried it with the yonex grip sticker(to hold the grip on the cone) over the hole, but after one game it was already gone. Best tape would be hockey tape as I guess!
    Any other solutions for this "problem"?

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nr Southampton
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've got some yonex shoes now and found I was wearing a hole in them pretty quickly. Before each session I stick some duct tape there with a folded square of paper underneath where the hole was forming, by the end of each night the duct tape is worn down but the shoe is fine.

  10. #27
    Regular Member Wingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find it difficult not to get a hole there... But I think it's nice to have one actually. Feels like a "battle scar" of sorts :P
    These are my SHB-81W. I'm not using them anymore, but I only used them for like 7 months.

    Name:  IMG_2163.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  51.7 KB

  11. #28
    Regular Member speedyJT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    I find it difficult not to get a hole there... But I think it's nice to have one actually. Feels like a "battle scar" of sorts :P
    These are my SHB-81W. I'm not using them anymore, but I only used them for like 7 months.

    Name:  IMG_2163.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  51.7 KB
    I like your opionion
    But...how on earth...did you get the hole on the OUTSIDE of the shoe? This is the right shoe, isn't it?
    I play right-handed and the shoe hole is always and only on the left shoe on the inner side.
    How did you get that on the out side????

  12. #29
    Regular Member Wingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedyJT View Post
    I like your opionion
    But...how on earth...did you get the hole on the OUTSIDE of the shoe? This is the right shoe, isn't it?
    I play right-handed and the shoe hole is always and only on the left shoe on the inner side.
    How did you get that on the out side????
    Haha, no no, this is the left shoe. I'm right handed so it's all good :P

  13. #30
    Regular Member Wingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *Edit

    For some reason I managed to double-post. Can't seem to find the "delete post" button anywhere...?

  14. #31
    Regular Member speedyJT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    Haha, no no, this is the left shoe. I'm right handed so it's all good :P
    Hahaha ahh okay. It may looks a bit like the right shoe from this camera angle - sorry
    I already thought - how on earth is this possible?!
    Imagine a footwork where you get holes in your shoes like that LOL

  15. #32
    Regular Member Wingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedyJT View Post
    Hahaha ahh okay. It may looks a bit like the right shoe from this camera angle - sorry
    I already thought - how on earth is this possible?!
    Imagine a footwork where you get holes in your shoes like that LOL
    Would've probably twist one's ankle - or even broken something if such footwork was used :P
    But I can see it now as well though, it looks like the right shoe because the front of the shoe is also worn down.

  16. #33
    Regular Member allyjack110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    Name:  DSCF3045.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  78.3 KB

    As you can see I suffer from the same bad habit as well and these shoes are around 6 months old. Aside from obvious hole, the integrity of the shoe is still intact though. My right shoe still looks brand new. I really don't want to buy a new pair of shoes just yet. Is there anything you guys can suggest I use in the future to prevent this from happening again? I'm too old now to change my footwork now. I've used duct tape before but found it ineffective.
    Name:  DSCF3051.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  78.9 KB

    Problem solved. Got the professionally repaired. Cost me 6.00 ($9.50 usd).

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nanjing, China
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are three stages generally to a badminton players footwork; the first is where he knows nothing and it is really easy if he plays often to twist his ankle in the wrong way or damage his hips, rip his hamstrings etc. There is no obvious damage to his shoes so he feels okay. Once the footwork becomes more professional, we tend to use our non-dominant foot to scrape along the ground, and this is where we get the distinctive hole. Professionals have this issue corrected because they learn to slide with their non-dominant foot rotated a little more so the rubber section closest to the sole of the shoe (the corner of the shoe so to speak) is sliding on the ground. Have you ever noticed on most Yonex models the rubber extends upwards on the inside of both soles? That's because that's where professionals put their weight during their movements. Why isn't it so easy for most players to correct? because putting your weight on a smaller, more narrow section means a better sense of balance which the body isn't use to. So conclusion : You could patch up the 100+ shoes for a while, or you could learn to do the motion correctly, and save for the rest of your life

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex Shoe got a hole!
    By Cole Turner in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 17
    : 12-10-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. tensioner, left side or right side?
    By kwun in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 23
    : 09-29-2011, 05:33 PM
  3. Hole in shoe in 1month
    By GoDLee in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 2
    : 07-30-2010, 04:44 AM
  4. Hole on shoe?
    By shawntn in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 56
    : 02-04-2006, 12:25 AM
  5. Hole on shoe?
    By shawntn in forum General Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 04-13-2004, 06:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •