Rearcourt movement

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by b2harath2, Jun 12, 2008.

1. b2harath2

b2harath2 Regular Member

bAdminton student
    WHen moving front it is easy for me but moving back is very difficult though both are equidistant from the centre.And I find it even more difficult to go to the rearcourt 3-4 times continuously from the centre ( that means coming to centre,moving back,return to centre,move back and so on..). Why is this so? how can I be more quick to the rearcourt, especially if the opponent hits it to the same corner 4-5 times?

2. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Maybe you need to play a shot that gives you more time and less for him.

3. whitewolf_193

whitewolf_193 Regular Member

It sounds like you are also playing the same return repeatedly giving your opponent the opportunity to play the same shot over and over again until your reply is weak enough to be smashed. Try varying your reply after the 2nd or 3rd shot playing drop shots from the rearcourt can be a good way of inviting your opponent into forecourt play and especially if you are stronger in this area.

Also if your forecourt movement is more confident perhaps you can afford to make your base point half a step further back.

Just some thoughts.

Adam

4. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Your logic is obstructing your performance. ;)

Why don't you move your base farther back -- so that you stand a small step behind the centre?

For more details, read my page about the central base position in singles. You may also want to read about singles footwork patterns.

5. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

Shaddow

ive just adivised another player about footwork the best solution is shaddow excercises and strengthening your legs.practice moving 2 the corners alot and it will be as easy as walking