SHB 99M vs 100MX/LTD sizes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by darkwingduck, Jun 12, 2008.

1. darkwingduck

darkwingduck Regular Member

Nothing
    Hi

I have a pair of SHB 99M and would like to test out the shb 100 ltd.

How is the sizes in width, because I have a little wide and flat foot? The 99s feels ok with another insole.

Are the sizes the same? I wear SHB99 US8.5 should I go for same size with the 100s?

Whats different with normal and ltd 100s? The width? I think Ive read somewhere that the ltd fits better than the mx.

2. andrew chan

andrew chan Regular Member

i wore a size 11.5 in my shb 99m but i wear a size 11 in my shb 100 ltd. My best advice is to try on the shoe, the width seems to be a little roomier, and the shoe feels lighter. I also have flat food and a wide foot.

3. tinned_ham

tinned_ham Regular Member

hey darkwingduck,

i've had some of these shoes before, and i've got wide+flat feet too. both the SHB99s and the older SHB100LTDs are great shoes, but i haven't tried the 100MX yet, nor the newer SHB100LTDs (the red+gold ones). however personally i did notice some differences between the 2 that would make me suggest you to choose the 99s over the 100s:
    - 99s inner soles were a little flatter on the sides than the 100LTDs albeit a little thinner, which did give me blisters, but you've already got the insole, so problem solved there. the 100LTDs after a while started causing pain especially in the sides of my feet, but with the 99s i was fine. in the same vein, i would think the 99s are wider than the 100s where it matters.
    - 99s are more durable in my opinion than the 100LTDs, though others may say otherwise =)
    - both shoes should have the same generic sizes, yonex wouldn't change them over two shoes. either way, if you're a US8.5, stick to it unless you're really in need of some room.

so yup. 99s should be cheaper than the 100s anywho, so if you can still find a pair, i'd say go for those rather than the 100s. sorry i can't provide a comparison between the 100MXs and 100LTDs. however ultimately, since you're buying, best thing is to go to the shop and try them out for yourself before deciding on anything.

hope this helps...

4. darkwingduck

darkwingduck Regular Member

Nothing
    ok

The shoe should be wide not in the widest area on the foot but somewhere middle on the foot.

my 99s are still new ( had it for maybe 1-2 weeks)
    but after some time I have to switch and the 99s maybe no more.
    Im planning early :D:D:D

but doesnt the 100s offer better cooling?

If im buying shoes then its gonna be on the internet because its super expensive in sweden.

shb 100mx costs 225USD! :O

5. tinned_ham

tinned_ham Regular Member

well if you want wide where it matters, for me anyway, the 100LTDs i've just thrown out (due to old wear and tear, plus it killed my feet last week). the 99s are much better in that department. wouldn't have a clue about cooling in either shoe though, my feet get cold more often than hot =P

if you're gonna be buying shoes on the net anyway (yes i agree, local retail prices = ridiculous), perhaps try and find one of the 'wide' shoes offered by Yonex if you're hoping to stick with them. i tried out the SHB 79 W and they're quite comfortable in first use, and can only get better after breaking them in right? the 4 wide models by Yonex are:
    - SHB 79 W
    - SHB 79 W MID
    - SHB 80 W (2008 version)
    - SHB 80 W MID (2008 version)
    you can try finding them on the shuttle-house.com website for comparison pics, but they might be a little dear there too. i think difference between normal and mid versions is that mid offer a higher ankle support and is red, normal is lower and is blue. Google has all the answers (if here doesn't already =P).

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I have very wide feet and also am flat footed. I tried both the SHB99MX and SHB100MX in size 12(both were small) and noticed that the SHB100MX was wider.

7. sudirman

sudirman Regular Member

100MX is wider.