Opinion of San Diego Badminton Supplies (SDBS)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Q-man, Jan 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q-man

Q-man Guest

I was just wondering what does everyone else think of San Diego Badminton Supplies?? Feel free to share
    any personal experience........

2. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    I was always cool with them. But they seem to have a hard time understanding why they need pictures for their Yonex Japanese apparel. As a customer, I'm entitled to a visual on how they look. It took them forever to send me a link with pictures. Then they had a nerve NOT to include the pictures on their main website which is badminton.net. I always purchased birdies and grip from them. But after the MP100 incident, I'm going to get my refund (I hope) and not deal with them again. Maybe just some occasional shuttles and grip, but they are never going to touch my rackets again.

3. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    I've always gotten along well with SDBS. If they're willing to correct the situation with your MP100, then why not deal with them again? I believe everyone's entitled to one mistake (at least), especially if they make things right.

Better, more detailed pictures of merchandise would be helpful, but we should remember that this is a Mom and Pop business, not a megacorporation like Nike. As far as I know, Sunny Kim (Mom) maintains the web page herself in addition to taking calls from people like us and doing all the other stuff it takes to keep a small business going.

A friend had his racquet strung by another shop I deal with and didn't like the result. He switched his business to SDBS and has been very happy. Since I've gotten good results from both places, I think the lesson here is that everybody messes up once in a while.

4. Brett

Brett Regular Member

I would say give SDBS another try if they are willing to make things right with you, including paying for your return shipping and any long distance phone or other charges you incurred because of their error. I called SDBS once and found them to be very helpful, even though I ended up buying my racquet elsewhere. If this is only an isolated incident, then you could do a lot worse. Locally, we have a guy who sells badmintion equipment out of his basement. From my own experience and that of many other people in my league, our local supplier never answers his business line, never returns calls (I called five times and left messages without any response) and it seems like he can only be reached when the stars and the moon are properly aligned. A couple of people in my league ended up buying racquets by mail order (including one from SBDS with no problems that was delivered very quickly) when he failed to return their calls. However, when I finally did get through to him, he was helpful, I liked his selection and prices and I bought a racquet from him. He does a good job with stringing and also was nice enough to donate several coolers of Gatorade to the statewide badminton tournament. I guess sometimes this sport takes a bit of effort off-court as well as during a match, but I think most, if not all, retailers sell badminton equipment because of love the sport, rather than purely financial gain. Good luck in getting this resolved.

5. pcoling

pcoling Guest

SBDS,

Buyers beware...SBDS owes me US$58.95 since July 29,2005 and up to today May11 SBDS have not yet refunded my money plus interest. I've already send numerous emails and called them but up to now Mike Walker has not refunded my money. I opened a thread before to warn other innocent buyers from being future victims but many of Mike's friends came to aide by defending Mike with absurd reasons. A certain "ixiaohoui" who identified himself as working for SDBS said he works for Mike and acknowlege that SDBS still owes me that money but after that he told me to contact Mike again for the refund. I'm thinking what for? I already told "ixiaohoui" I want my refund and he already told Mike I want my refund. "ixiaohoui" also refuse to identify his real name AND KEPT ON SHIFTING THE TOPIC TO RIDICULOUS SUBJECTS LIKE MY GRAMMAR IS WRONG, i'M A TOUGH GUY, ETC.
    "ixiaohoui" also called me a liar because I'm in the Philippines and not California and that I have an email address with a Philippine ISP provider. What does all of this got to do with Mike who owes me US$58.95 plus interest since last year???

Why don't SDBS just refund my money? I don't get it?

Currently I'm in the Philippines on business. I'm in the logistic business and I'm setting up a liason office here so it might take a while for me to go back to my office in California. I have set up many business abroad and have to fly to many countries through out the year. My name is Philip Coling and my email address is pnc1@pldtdsl.net and I want my money US$58.95 refunded by Mike Walker and I will continue to try to get my money back because I was cheated on that. I will also do my duty as a responsible buyer to warn others of SBDS.

Mike Walker is a coach. He also runs SDBS, he is not exempted from making mistake even if he is a coach. He must refund money taken for goods not recieved lest he be liable for fraud.

6. cards_pro

cards_pro Regular Member

I been reading SABS's issue for the last few days. It is quite interesting.
    Different members have different opinions. It is normal.

I think SABD's reputation is damaged after this incident. I have never shopped SABS before, but I don't think I will. :p

7. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    I dun think SABD's reputation is gonna b damaged coz of this 1 incident! If any1 thinks this is bad......check this out!

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3416&highlight=jennifer+stringing

business has still been good even though their prices r way higher than others

8. ixiaohoui

ixiaohoui Regular Member

Student
    I don't want to create anymore arguments. I'm just going to make a very clean, very simple recount of what happened.

1. pcoling created a thread about the $57.95 in clothing he didn't recieve from SDBS.
    2. i reply and tell him that i promise to ask SDBS for the FULL story, and relay the information to pcoling.
    3. before i even called, pcoling sent me a PM threatening to use legal action in case whatever I tried was unsuccessful, soley because I work part-time at SDBS. He wanted my full name to add to his lawsuit in case he filed it. (nice way to thank someone huh?)
    4. I contacted SDBS, and they told me that they sent out the right sized clothing, but it was returned sometime later. Mike sent out an email telling pcoling he had $57.95 store credit and asked pcoling what he wanted to do. This time, SDBS once again told me if pcoling wanted a refund, he simply has to tell SDBS. Note, if emailing doesn't work, calling during the time when SDBS is open might...
    5. I tell pcoling what SDBS told me, and despite in pcoling's insults and threats, I respond, with insults of my own. I apologize pcoling, it was uncalled for.

One final point to make - I already asked Mike to give pcoling a refund. However, I'm not authorized to speak for you. It's a rather simple task to call SDBS and tell them to give pcoling a refund. However, I don't see why he wants my full name so he can post it publicly and repeated attack me in multiple posts. Just call SDBS when they're open or send an email. I don't like to argue, and I would really like to see an end to your issues with SDBS. However, I can't do everything for you. It's up to you to stop posting on badmintoncentral and simply call SDBS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.