User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Taneepak,
    Yonex can produce very consistent plastic shuttle so by controlling the weight of shuttle, it can control the speed and distance. This is something feather can not reproduce. The test you asked, I am not Arnold not a cyborg. I can not produce a serve with exactly the same force and stroke every time nor I have a machine to do that. So the test you requested is very silly indeed. If you really like to see the test, please cntact your friend at Yonex if you still have any.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    To Taneepak,
    Yonex can produce very consistent plastic shuttle so by controlling the weight of shuttle, it can control the speed and distance. This is something feather can not reproduce. The test you asked, I am not Arnold not a cyborg. I can not produce a serve with exactly the same force and stroke every time nor I have a machine to do that. So the test you requested is very silly indeed. If you really like to see the test, please cntact your friend at Yonex if you still have any.
    If Yonex plastic shuttles are consistent in weight and speed (distance), it is then very easy to test its speed in the court. That is how players test shuttle speed to ensure the correct speed shuttles are used. All I am asking is for someone to test a tube each of the Mavises they have in the courts. I believe you are familiar with how to test for correct shuttle speed in the court. I always test shuttle speed whenever I go to a new venue or hall to play. You do not require Yonex to field test plastic shuttle speed. If all the Mavis in the same tube falls within the distance range, then you have speed consistency. Weight consistency, so long as it is within the accepted deviation, is not as important as speed consistency in the acceptable distance range for plastics and for feathers also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silentheart, you do not use the serve to test shuttle speed. Using a serve will give you false results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I am speech less now. Under rule 3.1 I really don't know what to call that except a forehand serve.

3.1 To test a shuttle, a player shall use a full underhand stroke which makes contact with the shuttle over the back boundary line. The shuttle shall be hit at an upward angle and in a direction parallel to the side lines.

Yes, I know how to test a shuttle speed. I just want to take human factor out and reduce the variance.

3.2 A shuttle of correct speed will land not less than 530 mm and not more than 990 mm short of the other back boundary line as in Diagram B.

I try not to make any statement that is too general that is waste of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's not to carry away from thread title.
    just stick to the difference between Mavis 350 & 500, maybe can include Mavis 300 as reference..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    That "test" seems kind of silly, as conditions like humidity, temperature, sea-level etc. will affect the result :-), Thats why they are made in different speeds in the first place , so in essence at one venue a "medium" 350 may have the correct speed, on another it will not...

If any of the 3 speeds available are not good for the venue, there is no solution to adjusting the speed permanently on these plastic shuttle .

/Twobeer
    if bwf approve mavis for tournaments, i'm very very sure yonex will comply and make more speeds for mavis product line. Better yet, yonex would even keep improve them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post

can tell that you are familiar with plastic shuttle.

hm....
    SH weighted the medium speed (blue)
    cooler weighted the slow speed (green)
    will it be difference?
    good eyes drift. of course there will be weight difference between green, blue and red mavis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, let us stick to the subject, this time on testing the speed in the courts of medium speed Mavis 350 and Mavis 500, each one tube. Surely with so many plastics players in Canada, someone can try this test. Cooler, perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ah, bring the samples to a feather shuttlecock factory and test them out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    if bwf approve mavis for tournaments, i'm very very sure yonex will comply and make more speeds for mavis product line. Better yet, yonex would even keep improve them.
    It would make more sense for them to start by brining out a good artifical shuttle with sufficient speeds for all venues, then get player acceptance for this shuttle, and after that if players and fans accept it, introduce it in real tournament play.

Approving low quality stuff just to try to push development, is in my view not the right thing to do.

/Twobeer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would make more sense for them to start by brining out a good artifical shuttle with sufficient speeds for all venues, then get player acceptance for this shuttle, and after that if players and fans accept it, introduce it in real tournament play.

Approving low quality stuff just to try to push development, is in my view not the right thing to do.

/Twobeer
    it's good much for millions of players already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    OK, let us stick to the subject, this time on testing the speed in the courts of medium speed Mavis 350 and Mavis 500, each one tube. Surely with so many plastics players in Canada, someone can try this test. Cooler, perhaps?
    Surely you could remember things i've said only 11 days ago. I guess anything that don't conform with your mindset are disposable.

"From my plastic experience, testing new mavis 300/350/370/500 can easily fall within 6-8” grouping. IE, mavis shuttle tolerance represents only 1.14% to 1.51% of court dimension, twice as good as feather in flight consistent quality."

post #181
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=51066&page=19
    Last edited by cooler; 07-30-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely you could remember things i've said only 11 days ago. I guess anything that don't conform with your mindset are disposable.

"From my plastic experience, testing new mavis 300/350/370/500 can easily fall within 6-8 grouping. IE, mavis shuttle tolerance represents only 1.14% to 1.51% of court dimension, twice as good as feather in flight consistent quality."

post #181
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=51066&page=19
    Lets us confine this to shuttle speed, specifically testing it on the courts now, instead of relying on "past experience" . Of course you need to find courts that have the two markings for shuttle speed testing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Lets us confine this to shuttle speed, specifically testing it on the courts now, instead of relying on "past experience" . Of course you need to find courts that have the two markings for shuttle speed testing.
    i play feather too, i know how to test shuttles and know where the shuttles suppose to land. I swing the racket the same way for all shuttle testings. The courts i play on are national tournament rated and they do have the correct speed range markings on each court. These courts are the same courts where KDM trains his players here. Doubting my testing ability and the court specs are just your ways to deflect my points about how close grouping of the new mavis shuttles. Mavis 300/350/370/500 should have similar grouping. If you have doubt, u should test mavis 300/350/370/500 YOURSELF, don't ask me to show my data and then doubt them.
    Last edited by cooler; 07-31-2008 at 01:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's good much for millions of players already.
    Sorry, but just as those set that comes with two rackets,net and plastic shuttles sold at the gas-station, the equipment does not get better for tournament use just beause they are sold in huge quantities..

/Twobeer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So according to cooler 350 is heavier than 300, and 500 is heavier than 350.. But the measuers from SH seems to contradict that as 500 seems only slighter heavier than 300.. So how could it be heavier than 350? Or is this just incosistensys because of these shuttles being so cheap

/Twobeer
    To equate this 500 > 350 > 300 Eq. 1

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    I just opened 1 tube of M300 and 1 M500, Sorry, I do not have M350 at this time.
    avg of 2xM300 = 5.05g
    avg of 2xM350 = 5.075g approx.
    avg of 2xM500 = 5.10g
    Please note that the skirt of M300 and M500 are different.
    I might get a M350 this weekend to do some measurement and see the BP also. I will not do flight test because my swing might not be consistent.
    That assumption would make the equation TRUE. I didnt make any actual measurements as what others have done but just tried to prove that Cooler and SH's statements "dont contradict."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can not contradict with Master Cooler's statement because I have med speed. Also, IMHO, the weight difference is not statistically significant between the model. However, I would like to point out the skirt design is different. Also, I want to measure if the balance point is the same because it will effect the flight path.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast