User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KazeCloud View Post
    I don't have a problem dropping. I do mix it in. Sometimes its actually better to clear that drop instead isn't it? Yes it makes them run the most if you re drop their overhead drop, but if they know that and runs extremely fast to the net, you should clear it.
    The point of the different shots is to make your opponents miss it, even if they run fast to the front if you can get them there with a netshot then clear it would be far more effective then simply clearing which would allow your opponent an easier shot. There is also the strategy of forcing your opponent to move so they run out of stamina early making your game easier in the long term. The ideal type of play is a mixture of the two. Just my opinion anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    There's no single successful approach to singles, but I will say this: in 80% of the time, the most dangerous shot you can play is a short shot.
    Now, I don't mean to say "abolish all clears and lifts", please do not misrepresent me as such
    Of course, the short shots are only effective if the opponent knows that you may force them back with a clear or lifts.

Either way, clears and lifts are only effective with drops and netshots. Same with vice versa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Fish View Post
    The point of the different shots is to make your opponents miss it, even if they run fast to the front if you can get them there with a netshot then clear it would be far more effective then simply clearing which would allow your opponent an easier shot. There is also the strategy of forcing your opponent to move so they run out of stamina early making your game easier in the long term. The ideal type of play is a mixture of the two. Just my opinion anyways.
    I was referring more to returning the opponents overhead drop. When they run forward I like to clear it back to them instead of dropping it. This would not systematically allow them an easier shot, and can be more devastating than dropping it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KazeCloud View Post
    I was referring more to returning the opponents overhead drop. When they run forward I like to clear it back to them instead of dropping it. This would not systematically allow them an easier shot, and can be more devastating than dropping it.
    My mistake, I thought you meant that if they were waiting for your shot, I didn't realise that in the scenario they were already running forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never too late to practice your drops. Gives you more angle and options. It's better to have an all round game. A good player will be laughing at you if you continue to play like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2