User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 27 of 27
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minnesota US
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it also depends on the tension of your string. i think my bg65 is at 19lb and still using for about 15months now. on my other racket i have a bg70-pro at 22lb. well see how long this one last. been 2 months.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    kl
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My BG65@20lbs which i've strung 3 years ago is still lasting till now.
    Talk bout durability.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You can try stringing your racket with BG65, BG65ti, BG70pro or NBG95

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strings that last more than 6 months have lost most of their liveliness and elasticity, and they do not play well. If you want crispness and responsiveness from your string, change them every 3 months. Also keep your racquets in a thermal bag and store the bag in a cool or air-conditioned place.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Strings that last more than 6 months have lost most of their liveliness and elasticity, and they do not play well. If you want crispness and responsiveness from your string, change them every 3 months. Also keep your racquets in a thermal bag and store the bag in a cool or air-conditioned place.
    Well there are people that cannot afford breaking string as often as us so it does make sense they want it to last as long as possible.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Burnaby
    Posts
    763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    70 Pro is pretty durable and it plays well at high tension. Once that tension drops, you might as well forfeit some matches.

  7. #24
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,452
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Strings that last more than 6 months have lost most of their liveliness and elasticity, and they do not play well. If you want crispness and responsiveness from your string, change them every 3 months. Also keep your racquets in a thermal bag and store the bag in a cool or air-conditioned place.
    It's true! Luckily in HK stringing prices are fairly cheap. About every four months I would change my BG65.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dink it! That's too long .

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    It's true! Luckily in HK stringing prices are fairly cheap. About every four months I would change my BG65.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    Well there are people that cannot afford breaking string as often as us so it does make sense they want it to last as long as possible.
    They have to decide if they want their equipment, racquet, strings, grip, in tip top playing condition. Having an expensive racquet and a 3 year-old string is a huge waste of money and making do with mediocre playability.
    However, if you play with plastics exclusively, then I guess it will not make any difference.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    They have to decide if they want their equipment, racquet, strings, grip, in tip top playing condition. Having an expensive racquet and a 3 year-old string is a huge waste of money and making do with mediocre playability.
    However, if you play with plastics exclusively, then I guess it will not make any difference.
    If you thought 3 years was old my friend has a 22 year old racket that still has the factory string on it. Don't know how often he uses it but talk about durability

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. List your playing style, main racket, string & string tension
    By neoanderson777 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 723
    : 08-12-2014, 05:59 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    : 02-07-2012, 08:33 AM
  3. Replies: 30
    : 10-13-2010, 02:02 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    : 07-18-2008, 02:58 AM
  5. soft feel on impact for hard hitters - racquest or string or string tension
    By bz123 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 6
    : 12-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •