User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys:

The liability insurance would run ~$600 per year. If we played once a week it amounts to $11.54 per week. Depending upon how many play, we could divide it evenly. If we had six couples, it would amount to approximately $2/couple per week. It would be ~$25 a quarter per couple based upon quarterly premiums. We could also base it per person since there will be singles wanting to play, too.

Someone else will need to research the 501 (c)(3) issue. Hope this helps! (My husband is in corporate risk management and obtained the quote for me.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is my intention to talk with my son's PE couch and maybe even a couple of the administration about SHS forming a badminton team and the possibility of outsiders using the facility. (I don't have high hopes for non-students to gain access... but who knows) It will have to wait until school is back in session next month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need Players interested to play Badminton in Valencia

Hello Folks,

I am a new member to this forum. My wife and I have been playing badminton for a few months now and would love to have a facility close to home to play. Last year I had talked to the Athletic Director at College of the Canyons in Valencia, and he had suggested I talk to one of his assistants. Since then I have contacted the SCBA ( Southern California Badminton Assoc) and the VP has sent me an e-mail today, suggesting that I formulate a list of atleast 40 people, preferably local residents who are interested in playing on a regular basis. We would need the Name address and contact information of all person interested, so as to do a petetion. He woul help us get the ball rolling, as he has done several such locations;
    most recently they have added a facility in Calabasas. This sort of stuff takes time and has to go through the right channels, but if SCBA is succesfull we will have a facility in Valencia. I need help in getting this info and passing it on the VP of SCBA...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

College of Canyon does not have badminton court lines inside the gym. There are two high schools in the valley which have badminton court lines, Saugus and Valencia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COC had Badminton classes for beginners last year in their schedule of classes. One of the picture I came acrosss in their newsletter shows the Taping done on the gym floor. Although I haven't personally visited the inside of the facility, I have been told by SCBA, that once the facility gives us the permission, taping of court floor could be done. Of all the facilities I know of in So cal, none is a High school. But since you have mentioned it, I will let SCBA know that two High schools ion this area have this. Lets see how they want to proceed. Any suggestions on gathering and formulating an interest list for use in petition?
    Last edited by BadFanLa; 08-12-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you followed my previous posts, there were two issues stopped me from pursuing this project:
    1. The city of Santa Clarita asked me to provide IRS documents if we were non-profit organization, since we gathered a group of people to perform activities, which in this case is badminton sports. Otherwise, the city will charge $$$ to reserve the gym per event.
    2. $1 millions dollars liability insurances address to the gym.
    There were other minors clauses, which I was not too concerns.

So, let me know if there is anything I can assist you to pursuit this project again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I will pass this info to SCBA. SCBA is a non profit organization and has been around for a long time. You can visit them on the web at www.scba.org. I am positive they must have come across these issues in the opening of other facilities such as Pierce college and Calabasas.

My immedeate task and concern is the collection of name, address and contact information to pass on to SCBA. I will need some local help with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton in SCV

Hello Everyone,

I play at the Santa Clarita sports complex - they have badminton nets in the racquetball courts (its not the best set up, but it lets me get my badminton fix).

I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting a badminton club, or at least if someone wants to play. I am intermediate/advanced (im guessing) and would love some more people to play with since I only have one other friend who plays with me.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCob View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I play at the Santa Clarita sports complex - they have badminton nets in the racquetball courts (its not the best set up, but it lets me get my badminton fix).

I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting a badminton club, or at least if someone wants to play. I am intermediate/advanced (im guessing) and would love some more people to play with since I only have one other friend who plays with me.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.
    I know its a bit of a drive for you, but if you can come to West LA on Mondays and Wednesday nights at Mar vista rec center, you can get your badminton fix then. It only cost $5 and all the feathered shuttles are provided for you. Wide range of players from beginners to intermediate to advanced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info - but like you said - I really rather not drive for an hour + to play some badminton.

But I appreciate the info!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking For Adult Badminton Players in Santa Clarita (Beg/Int)

It seems like the only place to play here is at the SC Sports Complex using their racquetball court. It's better than having to drive into the valley or other areas in LA. I'd love to play at least twice a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing at a racquetball court is not even worth it for me....i mean...its too narrow and you dont even have the correct lines. SC aint that far from the valley...make the trek and come experience some real badminton

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton

I know this posting is old but did you guys ever happened to form a B-Club, and did you start playing here. I am looking for people to play with in Santa Clarita/Newhall/Valencia. I live in Valencia.

Thanks.

Raju

Quote Originally Posted by BadFanLa View Post
    Hello Folks,

I am a new member to this forum. My wife and I have been playing badminton for a few months now and would love to have a facility close to home to play. Last year I had talked to the Athletic Director at College of the Canyons in Valencia, and he had suggested I talk to one of his assistants. Since then I have contacted the SCBA ( Southern California Badminton Assoc) and the VP has sent me an e-mail today, suggesting that I formulate a list of atleast 40 people, preferably local residents who are interested in playing on a regular basis. We would need the Name address and contact information of all person interested, so as to do a petetion. He woul help us get the ball rolling, as he has done several such locations;
    most recently they have added a facility in Calabasas. This sort of stuff takes time and has to go through the right channels, but if SCBA is succesfull we will have a facility in Valencia. I need help in getting this info and passing it on the VP of SCBA...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recreational Badminton open to the public at the Los Angeles Mission College in Sylmar.

Thursday 6:30pm - 8:30pm with 9 lighted indoor courts available, starting this week from Jun 21-Aug 23, 2012, $4.00 per drop-in or 10 sessions for $40 payable at the Fitness Center.

At the Los Angeles Mission College Health, Fitness and Athletic Complex (HFAC) located on the new East Campus 12890 Harding Street, Sylmar, CA 91342 nearest cross street is Eldridge. It is about 5 blocks to the south of the main Mission College campus.

Badminton racket & plastic birdies will be provided if you don't have one. Or you can bring your own.

Contact Steve Ruys at (818) 364- 7891 or (818) 364-7621 email: at ruyssc@lamission.edu

2nd contact Pong Nimnual at (310) 877-3951 or at pongnim@yahoo.com

Hope to see you there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3