Zakry Latif & Fairuzizuan Tazari aka Fuzzy pair

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by eaglehelang, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I looked thru, there dont seem to be a thread on Fuzzy. Now they've won a title, there'll be more coverage on them, from Fuzzy brained to Fuzzy bears :D :

NST

18 June

Badminton: Zakry-Fairuz finally earn their stripes
    By : K.M. Boopathy

[​IMG]
    The Zakry (left)-Fairuz combination has finally earned the confidence of their coach Rexy Mainaky.

THE breakthrough has taken almost 15 months but national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky is glad to see Zakry Latif-Fairuzizuan Tazari finally fitting into the role as the successors to veterans Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah.
    Tan Fook, 33, and Wan Wah, 34, have hinted that they may call it quits next year and Rexy said Zakry-Fairuz have given their own career a major boost by winning their first title, the Singapore Open, on Sunday.

Despite the potential shown by Zakry-Fairuz, both 25, after reaching the final of the Indonesia Open in May 2007, inconsistency had remained a bane and they almost reached a stage when their promising career could have come to a premature end.

However, Rexy said the change was seen during last month's Thomas Cup Finals in Jakarta and is looking forward to Zakry-Fairuz building on the momentum to establish themselves as the genuine replacements for Tan Fook-Wan Wah when the veterans decide to retire.

"This (Singapore Open) victory was long overdue as Zakry-Fairuz had it in them to become a top class pair.
    "It is timely for them as they can now work towards claiming their status as the pair who will take over from Tan Fook and Wan Wah," said Rexy.

"In fact, they could have been considered for the Beijing Olympics if not for their inconsistency and lack of focus but it may be a blessing in disguise.

"Since they won't be competing in the Olympics, this is the time for Zakry-Fairuz to focus on winning more Super Series titles. The top pairs competing in the Olympics will normally take some time before returning to the top flight again and the period must be utilised by Zakry and Fairuz to maintain their form.

"There is the World Championships (in India) next year and Zakry-Fairuz should focus on doing well in that tournament."

There was also some reprieve for Rexy as it was the first title won by the national doubles players this year.

The pressure was evident as his charges had won a total of seven titles last year and four were captured in the first half of the year.

"We now have three world class pairs and I am looking forward to them winning more now that the barren spell has been broken," said Rexy.

"Koo (Kien Keat) and Tan (Boon Heong) haven't won a title yet while Tan Fook-Wan Wah also have it in them to achieve success late in their career. Zakry-Fairuz's victory will probably give a positive turnaround for the entire squad."

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Wednesday/Sport/2270451/Article/index_html

2. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    They played well in this aviva open 08. And Fairuz sure has a BIG jump smash

3. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Starting already the praise keep coming.

Normal thing for mas badminton.

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

seems that our eaglehelang had created a thread of her favourite MD pair, the fuzzy pair..:D here:D
    erm, am i right, eagle>?

5. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

1 of my favorite md pairs, they worked harder (than koo/tan) under rexy, it's not far they will be mas no. 1 md pair...:)

6. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    But dont forget KKK's place in BAM is unquestionable:D

7. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

....but time will tell;)

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    The Fuzzy's may be another good malay-based pair (no race issue here) as mas MD is almost chinese.

Bring back the memory of the legendary pair of mas - Razif and Jalaini Sidek.

9. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

exactly, like the sidek bros, the golden era of mas md...:)

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Go fuzzy. Take down KKK/TBH and be the 1st MD's of mas.

11. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Why are they called the fuzzy pair?:rolleyes:

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Ask Pemuda:D:D:D

13. whatever

whatever Regular Member

whatever
    good to see this tread on zakry n fairuz. i hope they can maintain and winning more SS

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    they deserve a thread...

15. eaglehelang

Aiyoo, not praise, eagle dont discriminate like that. No place to put the article, might as well start one. Practical reason

George, george, they're not me favourite pair lah, all also eagle will cheer, you dont go thru the threads wan meh?

Interestingly, RTM commentator already commented as such during Spore Open finals last week, and for sure the malay press will cover that too in future ;)

No lah, Yannie gave them the nick name.

F-AIR-UZ + Z-AKR-Y = F-UZ-ZY

I didnt quite like it at 1st, sounds like they 'blur blur' pair, which Fairuz often was. Now added a word "Fuzzy bear", fierce as a bear, he he. All the best to them

#15 eaglehelang, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  16. eaglehelang

Success does not come fast or easy for Fuzzy pair. They had to struggle long & hard bf achieving little bit sucess. 25 years old only win 1st title, for Zakry that is.

And if Rexy's public statement is anything to go by, they're to replace uncles means 1st MD pair. It's KKK/TBH replace uncles, Rexy said Fuzzy replace. Could also mean KKK/TBH will split aft OG.

17. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday June 16, 2008

Shuttler Chong Wei scores a first in lopsided final
    KUALA LUMPUR: National number one Lee Chong Wei gave a show of class to emerge as the first Malaysian to win the Singapore Open men's singles title at the republic's indoor stadium yesterday.
    The world number two and top seed Chong Wei took only 29 minutes to crush Simon Santoso of Indonesia 21-13, 21-5 in one of the most lopsided men's singles finals in a Super Series event.
    And Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif-Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari made it a more memorable outing for Malaysia by winning their first career men's doubles title – beating compatriots Gan Teik Chai-Woon Lin Fui 21-18, 21-17 in the final.
    [​IMG] Lee Chong Wei is congratulated by fans after winning the men's final against Simon Santoso of Indonesia. – AP

The day belonged to Chong Wei, who only faced some resistance from Simon for the first five minutes of the match. A 15-0 lead in the second game underlined Chong Wei total domination of the match.

“It was a good win for me. I remember, I was in the final here in 2004 but I let slip the chance to win the title then (losing to Kenneth Jonassen of Denmark). This time, I got it right,” said Chong Wei in a telephone interview from Singapore yesterday.

“I did not anticipate taking a huge lead against Simon. But I did not look down on him despite leading 15-love. I just stayed focused.

“The win does give me some confidence ahead of the Olympic Games. But I do not want to be over confident. There is so much work to be done to be better for the Beijing Olympics in August.”

Meanwhile, Chong Wei has decided not to move on to Jakarta for the Indonesian Open, which starts on Wednesday. The others who also withdrew are Wong Choong Hann and Wong Mew Choo.

[​IMG] On the double: Singapore Open winners Mohd Zakry and Mohd Fairuzizuan posing with Gan Teck Chai and Woon Lin Fui after the cheque presentation ceremony. - bernama

But Zakry-Fairuzizuan will be making a bid for another good run in Indonesia.
    Zakry said that it was a big relief that they finally won a first Open title after many failed attempts since he paired up with Fairuzizuan last year.

“I am happy that we took our chances well in the absence of many top players. In fact, this is my first Open title in my badminton career,” said Zakry, who dedicated the win to his father.

“But we do not want to win here and lose in the first round at the Indonesia. We want to be a consistent pair.”

In the women's singles, Denmark's Tine Rasmussen continued to show that she is now a serious Olympic title contender after winning her fourth Open title in Singapore yesterday. She defeated Hong Kong's Zhou Mi 21-19, 21-17.

18. winnie

winnie Regular Member

haha george, eagle's fav md shud be koo-tan la.. rite, eagle? ;)

19. yannie

yannie Regular Member

I did NOT give them the nick. Someone gave them the nick way before I did. :)

20. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    There is no other pair in mas yet to replace or overcome the succeed of the Sidek's pair.Even KKK/TBH.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.