This forum need some controversy!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by vince poon, Jan 10, 2001.

1. vince poon

vince poon Guest

Am I the only person who like to read thread where contributors disagree or argue with each other? I am not saying turning this forum into a Jerry Springer show but a little disagreement here and there would make this forum more interesting. Once of the most interesting thread I read is "speed, anticipation, and risk", everybody have their own theory about anticipation. Each contributors backup their theory with explaination, they don't just disagree. We need more subjects where we need theory to explain why or how. For example, we can have a new thread/subject on 'court coverage'. Each one of us can derived a theory why the world class player have such a good court coverage and when the thread end, we will have a better understanding what skills we need to work on to improve our court coverage. So everybody try to create a juicy subject to discuss.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hey, i did my share of bashing.

3. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    No controversy, never! No way!

How's that for controversy? ;-)

4. vince poon

vince poon Guest

RE: No controversy, never! No way!

Maybe controversy is a badly chosen word to use for my point. I was way too tire when I wrote that thread, I just want to creat a new thread about constructed discussion about badminton skill, badminton technique, badminton strategy, etc.

5. vince poon

vince poon Guest

Now I remember, you bash me way too harsh. ;-)

6. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer

No, I was just joking. I agree with you completely. Discussions here are never as interesting as when people disgree on topics. Sometimes it's a bit too much racquet talk (I plead guilty) and too little talk about the nature of the game.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

Mag, your're right again. However, talking about the nature of the game of badminton must involve talking about human beings, their tactics, their mental state, their mental focus, their on court behavior and interaction with their fellow man (that includes women too for political correctness). So, who want to go first?

If there's no controversy, there's no change, then there would be no progress. If there's no progress, why exist anyway. Remeber, even an one cell organism like a bacteria exist because it wanted to change for the better.