Hello

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Sevex, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    Hey I'm a 19 year old (nearly 20) studying Physics at university, who plays badminton in England. I started about 2 years ago at university and have gradually gotten better whilst playing at university. Aside from badminton I also like cross country running, orienteering, hiking or anything else which takes place outside in the countryside. I also like playing on the wii or DS and play the piano very well and the flute...not so well! my life is usually fairly busy due to the number of things I enjoy doing, badminton is top though!
    I'm not that great at badminton due to a lack of consistency in more important matches. I'm quite skilled at losing though also at pulling matches back from nowhere or winning matches I'm not supposed to be able to.
    Hopefully joining this forum will enable me to get better and maybe try to get into the uni local league team next year (or better).

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    welcome to BC.............:)

your last statement has put me under pressure :p

just keep up the good work, surfing and get more infos in BC will help you more understanding in badminton.

3. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Don't worry, I'm not expecting miracles! Only hard work will do there. Singles advice already helped this afternoon though!

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

welcome to the forum.
    which part of the country are you studying in?

5. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

I'm studying in Bristol, it's good as there are all levels of players who play regularly at the uni.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hi dude, welcome to the forum and have fun here:):):)

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Welcome! I am so happy to see a Physicist here in our group.
    Now, please help me how does mass bend the space and time. I am really at lost at general relativity. And don't bring up string theory, it might work, but still has a lot of very big hole right now.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCBF, Sevex!:)..Looks like you're a pretty active and adventurous person! Yeah, many people have benefited from hanging around this forum; either by improving their games or simply by learning from each other's knowledge. Anyway, best wishes for your plan to enter the school's local league team; have fun surfing this forum & hope you'll get what you'll need!;):cool:

9. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

I may not be much help with general relativity, we do it next year. I'd rather not explain something really badly and confuse everyone! I like string theory, only because I like the idea of the universe being made up of oscillations, it's like the universe is a giant musical instrument! (even if it string theory is going nowhere at the moment)