User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,983
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Li Yongbo to fund badminton school in quake area

    Li Yongbo has announced that he is going to use the proceed from charity auction of his 3 Thomas Cup gold medal as well as Chinese team autographed tshirt/rackets, totalling ~US$85,000 to fund a new badminton school. he hope that in 10 yrs time the school will develop the next badminton world champion.

    the Chinese team has in total donated more than ~US$500,000 (RMB 4,000,000) to the quake victims.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice gesture, glad to see the CHN coaches and players sacrificing for the quake victims. hopefully this will help to improve his image a bit, especially on this forum!

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That is a great move by Li Yongbo. Hope the school brings great success to the Chinese team in the future.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A great move indeed, teaching them how to fish is better than give them the fish. Let's see if they can produce the next LD or GZC, etc.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Way to go, LYB.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    nice gesture, glad to see the CHN coaches and players sacrificing for the quake victims. hopefully this will help to improve his image a bit, especially on this forum!
    his so call 'image' reflected by only certain group of 'fans' in this forum.

  7. #7
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,983
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    regardless of whatever "image" he has, we do need to applaud his and the team's willingness to help the quake victims. i don't know how big the team is, but to be able to find US$500,000 donation is quite a feat.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    regardless of whatever "image" he has, we do need to applaud his and the team's willingness to help the quake victims. i don't know how big the team is, but to be able to find US$500,000 donation is quite an feat.
    true... true

    Lot of people have money but not everyone willing to give.

    LYB showing his soft side

    Cheers!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    regardless of whatever "image" he has, we do need to applaud his and the team's willingness to help the quake victims. i don't know how big the team is, but to be able to find US$500,000 donation is quite a feat.
    Amen to that!!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alberta/Canada
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Way to go!!!!!!!!! I am actually very impressed that a lot of people are willing to give and offer help to the China's earthquake victims.

    I am having a fund raising event(for the earthquake victims) with my company since May, and the response I have been receiving is quite impressive.

    Everyone should be thankful, as we don't have to go through such terrible event, and we also have the opportunity to play badminton... just think about how many people on this planet never have such an opportunity given to them whatsoever.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    Way to go!!!!!!!!! I am actually very impressed that a lot of people are willing to give and offer help to the China's earthquake victims.

    I am having a fund raising event(for the earthquake victims) with my company since May, and the response I have been receiving is quite impressive.

    Everyone should be thankful, as we don't have to go through such terrible event, and we also have the opportunity to play badminton... just think about how many people on this planet never have such an opportunity given to them whatsoever.
    i think it's a ripe time to upgrade u back to bananaboy

  12. #12
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Indeed...

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Li Yongbo has announced that he is going to use the proceed from charity auction of his 3 Thomas Cup gold medal as well as Chinese team autographed tshirt/rackets, totalling ~US$85,000 to fund a new badminton school. he hope that in 10 yrs time the school will develop the next badminton world champion.

    the Chinese team has in total donated more than ~US$500,000 (RMB 4,000,000) to the quake victims.
    ..one great sign by LYB and his badminton team...And at the same time, a great investment for CHN's badminton future..

  13. #13
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thumbs up to LYB and Chn team for the idea.
    the courage and faith are given.......

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great and very decent thing to do, for LYB and the whole CHN squad ......

    Now, if only they can give the rest a chance to win major titles ......... kakakakaka.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 48
    : 02-18-2011, 05:56 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    : 04-06-2009, 03:29 AM
  3. Fund raising through Badminton
    By wocdam in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 1
    : 05-20-2008, 05:40 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    : 04-25-2008, 09:24 PM
  5. does Quake improve your badminton skillz?
    By george in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 8
    : 04-16-2002, 05:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •