User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being fit is obviously very important, however you have to strike a balance between fitness and spending quality time for technique practices, and training for speed and power. Tiredness will have a negative affect on the quality of the latter two. The biggest problem I have with your schedule is those 50 minute runs. I would prefer you spent 25 minutes of doing short sprints, ie interval training with rest between each set.

Time you invest now at your age perfecting your technique and footwork is a much better investment. As you get older you will need to spend more time on fitness probably than on technique, so now is the time for technique. There are many techniques to learn, not just racquet skills, biomechanically speaking. Running, throwing, agility. Participation in a varied sports program will give you transferable skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stumblingfeet View Post
    I figure that a hard badminton training session takes about 4 days to fully recover from. So, if you only train 1-2 times a week, go all out. If you train 3 or more, you must make adjustments to keep yourself able to perform at a high level. Stuff like massages, good nutrition, better base fitness will help to a certain point, but the most critical thing is managing your training volume smartly.

For example, you might cut down the volume of training each day. After the first day you might not feel that tired but by the fifth you will - except that this way the average quality of training will be higher. Or, keep training at full volume to overload your body, then take an extended break (1 week off) to recover. These are both valid ways to manipulate training volume.
    great explaining. just a few points i'd like to ask on that. you mentioned you should adjust your load so you can maintain performing at high levels, so rest should be applied proportionally to the load you are doing during training. my question is, what about during off season? during that time, you don't really need to perform as there are no tournaments, and other than training, you'll most likely only go to a club once a week. would you still worry about resting to allow for full recovery so you can play better? or worry less about level of play?

also, i noticed, when i do some hard training, then take 1 week or so off, i have even worse court fitness levels during the first time i play, i.e. when playing i have less stamina. it might be due to the fact my body needs to be reconditioned to badminton. however, within 2 days or so of starting again, at my next game time, i play far far better. any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if my training schedules alright, here it is:
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
    7:00AM Ten minute warmup and stretches, 7:10 Fifty minutes of laps around 400m track, 8:00-1:00PM School, 1:00-3:00 private lesson (footwork, endurance, technique, games), 3:00-5:20 Rest and Food, 5:20-5:30 warmup and stretches, 5:30-7:00 Group lessons (footwork, technique, games), 7:00-9:00 games.
    Tuesday, Thursday:
    7:00AM Ten minute warmup and stretches, 7:10 Fifty minutes of laps around 400m track, 8:00-3:00PM School, 3:00-5:00 Weight Training, 5:00-7:00 Footwork, 7:00-9:00 Games.
    Saturday, Sunday:
    6:00-7:00 Skipping, situps, and pushups, 7:00-8:00 Weight Training, 8:00-1:00 Games, 1:00-5:00 Footwork.

If you have any comments or suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.
    Wow you're crazy and most likely dead tired all the time. Give yourself some rest days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    I've been doing this routine for a few months already and I've had no issues at all. Perhaps you simply need to work on your stamina.
    If you do footwork for 4 hours you must be doing it wrong!!

Obviously not doing it like a "real" match-like footwork, as it would be to demanding for 4 hours straight... (correct continous footwork would be more exhausting than match play, and even the pros are pretty damn tired after a 1 hour match!! )

If you want to become better at badminton its not really useful to run slow for 50 minutes, or do slow/improper footwork for 4 hours!! Sounds more like training for marathon or triatlon to me!!!!

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think u should rest on sunday, body need rest. train around 15 hours per week should be fine, and quality of training is important as well. 1 day of qulity and useful training is always better than 3 days of non qulity training. exmmple gym work out should be sports specific that cater to badminton, and are you all the time doing the right footwork?

Last time i train 6 times per well :
    mon,wed,fri - total 6 hours of court training, 3 hours of gym( during break time in my sch i went gym )
    tues and thurs - Physical and court training. total 8 hours
    Sat - Physical and court training, and more games. 4 hours
    sun - rest, if u love badminton so much stay at home watch video.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2