User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is all about which method holds tension best then it would be the 4 knot as the piece of string being held would be shorter so it would have less stretch...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are 2 style of stringing i have ...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Hai View Post
    I still dont understand this...does it use
    1 piece of string or 2 ???? I would love to see a photo of this if anyone has one please....
    He just said 1 of the knot from main and 1 knot from cross will be "overlap" each other. Therefore, you end up with 1 larger knot, instead of 2 knots (at 2 different gromments). The major disadvantage for doing so, is you need to share the gromment with 3 strings, instead of 2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ti-10 definitely was not strung with Yonex official pattern. Can't see all the knots for cab30ms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I see two knots for the CAB 30 MS.

We need to see more photos from the side (edge) perspective and close up shots of the knots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is 4 knot for the CAB 30MS
    but what you guys think on the TI 10 stringing does the double up string look strange ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, I see. In that case, the CAB 30 MS has lost a lot of tension when you tied the main knots. To minimize the amount of lost tension, follow Yonex's stringing pattern for traditional frames (non AT and NS).

The Ti-10 stringing is very creative . I am too lazy like Greatest GrandMaster LB: we simply follow Yonex's stringing pattern .

Quote Originally Posted by alexkho View Post
    there is 4 knot for the CAB 30MS
    but what you guys think on the TI 10 stringing does the double up string look strange ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i live in the middle of no where ... so it's hard to find someone to help me string the racket
    the TI 10 was string in Malaysia the Cab 30 MS i got it string in texas !! hahaha i live in Indiana .... how funny is that ...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i live in the middle of no where ... so it's hard to find someone to help me string the racket
    the TI 10 was string in Malaysia the Cab 30 MS i got it string in texas !! hahaha i live in Indiana .... how funny is that ...
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=56579

did you string it at Kuching, Sarawak, East Malaysia??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohh my god !!!! how you know ? it's at the shop at sarawak plaza !!!!
    well now i am in US ... no one know how to string like that !!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to disagree with you...MP allows the strings to move over a more rounded surface...not to hold the string in place better and you can check the factory for confirmation of this...I have not seen strung rackets in the yonex catalog using 4 knot stringing...but maybe they do...Muscle Power frame is not a type of grommet, it is the raised area between the grommets that make it MP frame...without this raised area the string has to move over a more square rim of the grommet and therefore it does not move as freely as it does over the rounded MP frame....As for 3rd rate 2 knot stringing....this I dont know about for certain...but having used both I see no difference...Stringing is easier using 2 knot method so maybe that is why we use it here??? On average we string 15 rackets a day so it makes a difference in how long it takes to string one racket...Has anyone done any testing to find the real difference (if any) between 2 and 4 knot???
    FYI, the following is from Yonex's description of their Muscle Power :
    "The Muscle Power grommet hole construction seats the string on Round Archways that cause no string stress-load and no fatique through contact friction. Rounding the corners create total unity between the frame and string as they are in much closer and tighter contact, which realize a new magnitude of face stability that lets you launch shots with venomous power."
    The word grommet can refer to the rubber or plastic rings or eyelets or it can refer to just the drilled holes, or it can also refer to a grommet system which can either mean drilled holes of a specific hole construction to fit only specially made grommet eyelets. The Muscle Power basically uses a different grommet system, and if you fit a non-muscle power grommet eyelet instead of the one specifically designed for it, it is no longer a muscle power system.
    The rounded archways offer a greater surface area and will also increase air resistance.
    There are also bell-shaped grommets for grommet holes that allow two strings to pass. This may look neat but it offers unnecessary additional surface area that again will increase air resistance.
    One pc, two knot stringing is very ancient, and was the only way to string a racquet many moons ago. Even Yonex did not know any better method because there was none in the days of stringing by hand, not machine. But we are in today's high tech racquets of carbon graphite and composites, which require high tensions to play really well. Since its invention Yonex is now using only 4 knot, 2 pc stringing, as illustrated in their stringing instructions that can be found in their product catalog. I don't believe Yonex even suggests 1pc, 2 knot stringing. That will be a step backwards for Yonex.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wink Agency of Badminton Central Detectives

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=56579

did you string it at Kuching, Sarawak, East Malaysia??
    ohh my god !!!! how you know ? it's at the shop at sarawak plaza !!!!
    well now i am in US ... no one know how to string like that !!
    drifit, have you joined ctjcad in the ABCD?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    drifit, have you joined ctjcad in the ABCD?
    i am not qualified as an agent yet......
    he complained that i am too slow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    FYI, the following is from Yonex's description of their Muscle Power :
    "The Muscle Power grommet hole construction seats the string on Round Archways that cause no string stress-load and no fatique through contact friction. Rounding the corners create total unity between the frame and string as they are in much closer and tighter contact, which realize a new magnitude of face stability that lets you launch shots with venomous power."
    The word grommet can refer to the rubber or plastic rings or eyelets or it can refer to just the drilled holes, or it can also refer to a grommet system which can either mean drilled holes of a specific hole construction to fit only specially made grommet eyelets. The Muscle Power basically uses a different grommet system, and if you fit a non-muscle power grommet eyelet instead of the one specifically designed for it, it is no longer a muscle power system.
    The rounded archways offer a greater surface area and will also increase air resistance.
    There are also bell-shaped grommets for grommet holes that allow two strings to pass. This may look neat but it offers unnecessary additional surface area that again will increase air resistance.
    One pc, two knot stringing is very ancient, and was the only way to string a racquet many moons ago. Even Yonex did not know any better method because there was none in the days of stringing by hand, not machine. But we are in today's high tech racquets of carbon graphite and composites, which require high tensions to play really well. Since its invention Yonex is now using only 4 knot, 2 pc stringing, as illustrated in their stringing instructions that can be found in their product catalog. I don't believe Yonex even suggests 1pc, 2 knot stringing. That will be a step backwards for Yonex.
    Just for clarification....
    Grommet is the insert not the hole...I see no difference in the shape of the grommet that is used for MP and the ones used for non MP frames...This could not make much difference due to the fact that after stringing the grommet is depressed by the string to fit the string...
    There are a lot of MP clones that use a little different style and yet they are all now known as Muscle Power or Muscle Tec etc...they all still do the basic same thing and that is to allow the string to move more freely over the arch and grommet...Karakal claims that the Muscle Tec system also strengthens the frame...
    It probably does increase the air resistance to some degree but I dont see how it could make much difference to the player...I would think that a couple of grams of weight reduction would more than make up for any wind resistance???? Who knows...
    4 knot string has been around for over 40 years....most likely it was introduced by the guy that broke his string and used an extra piece to repair it...I know for a fact that it was used by Billie Jean King and that was a lot longer ago than I like to think about...So much of this just boils down to personal preference...It is fun discussing it though....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for clarification....
    Grommet is the insert not the hole...I see no difference in the shape of the grommet that is used for MP and the ones used for non MP frames...This could not make much difference due to the fact that after stringing the grommet is depressed by the string to fit the string...
    There are a lot of MP clones that use a little different style and yet they are all now known as Muscle Power or Muscle Tec etc...they all still do the basic same thing and that is to allow the string to move more freely over the arch and grommet...Karakal claims that the Muscle Tec system also strengthens the frame...
    It probably does increase the air resistance to some degree but I dont see how it could make much difference to the player...I would think that a couple of grams of weight reduction would more than make up for any wind resistance???? Who knows...
    4 knot string has been around for over 40 years....most likely it was introduced by the guy that broke his string and used an extra piece to repair it...I know for a fact that it was used by Billie Jean King and that was a lot longer ago than I like to think about...So much of this just boils down to personal preference...It is fun discussing it though....
    Of course the muscle power grommets are different from the standard type. You should get the power muscle power grommets from Yonex through an authorised Yonex dealer, who in turn gets them foc but may charge you nominally. Alternatively, you can cannibalize those from a broken muscle power racquet. A muscle power grommet is almost rectangular in shape and is tapered towards the two sides that lie over the archway. A non-muscle power grommet on a muscle power racquet = a non-muscle power racquet. The raised archways, not the weight, of the muscle power frame presents an additional and larger surface that will increase air drag, sacrificing speed and maneuverability for power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any picture? it would be easy to see it ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there, new to this forum.

You guys kinda confused me here. So is there any 3 knots mtd?

I read yonex's website http://www.yonex.com/badminton/strin...ons/index.html and from what I understand for ArcSaber 10, it will be 3 knots.

Btw Alexkho: i'm in singapore right now, but i was from Sibu, Sarawak. And ur kind of stringing, i used it before about 12 years back... very nice method, but a pity no one in Singapore knows how to get it done

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast