User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reminds me of my friend. i have a genuine (i hope) mp and it's definitely lighter than his fake nanospeed >.<. but his nanospeed has a more "controlled and even spread" heaviness that i prefer. dammit...so hard to decide on what racquet i really want. the genuine ones are always light and the heaviness feel is very hard to find.

and i agree with silent. my dad taught was the one that taught me all my badminton and he emphasises on the insignificance of the racquet...he even played a local comp and won with a racquet that had broken strings to prove his point XD. so don't buy a racquet or blame you performance based on the racquet name. a better mentality will always be better than a well-known brand racquet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colekwok View Post
    III. People with money to spare and want to try out the fake stuffs.
    you mean people with no money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colekwok View Post
    III. People with money to spare and want to try out the fake stuffs.
    you mean people with no money. if i had the money i would buy the real stuff not considering fakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CHOcobo View Post
    you mean people with no money. if i had the money i would buy the real stuff not considering fakes.
    Then buy a clone or another brand - not a look-a-like counterfeit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this one is cheaper and lasted me very long time compared to people on here having said their string snaps within weeks and racket breaks. got mine for about 15 months now with original strings. still works perfect with. i used to play like 2 days a week for about 3 hours. now not so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CHOcobo View Post
    this one is cheaper and lasted me very long time compared to people on here having said their string snaps within weeks and racket breaks. got mine for about 15 months now with original strings. still works perfect with. i used to play like 2 days a week for about 3 hours. now not so much.
    I had a clone Yonex before back I was a beginner and while I was travelling in China, which is 4 years ago. I still have it today and I let my siblings use it while they practice with me, and it's still pretty good and it's similar to a Ti-2, not quite sure about the old series.
    The thing that people buy fakes, like Chocobo said, is because they do not play much in a month, like say 3 or 4 times. Also, as a Chinese, I know a bit about "envy". People want to reach the same popularity as other, but they do not have the monetary support to do so, so they buy fakes to increase their social status. I know it's pointless to think about this, but still, people have envious eyes. Just like the French brand "Louis Vuitton", even a city cleaning staff carries one of those in China. You think they can afford a US 800 bag with only US 100 a month? I don't think so. Beside the daily use of that 100 in food and shelter and another piece will be gone to child education will left the total less than 30 bucks. Sure they can afford a Chinese brand badminton racquet, but are they going to? It's not that cheap to get a good Chinese racket, like Kason, compared to a fake Yonex. Besides, which one makes people go "WOW"? A fake Yonex ArcSaber 10 or a Kason TSF105? I'm not suggesting that Kason produce bad racket, I even think that Kason lasts way longer and performs way better than a fake Yonex, but I'm suggesting that most people, non-professional and non-enthusiasts, don't care about what is each racket's ability, let alone the specification. They care about what looks good and what gives them a boost of popularity. So according to most people's psychography, fake top brands do have a market and a sales point.

Sorry to make a essay out of a topic, but my point should be clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a true badminton player will work hard & pay a lot to get the original rackets he wants.
    my parents almost disowned me after they found-out that i spent my saving on a piece of racket. well its worth the troubles though.

Those who buy fakes will play as bad as they started.

and i think yonex, since they have serial numbers on every racket should have an online database check of serials, and give us the right to snap every fake rackets we see. that would be cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlie888 View Post
    a true badminton player will work hard & pay a lot to get the original rackets he wants.
    my parents almost disowned me after they found-out that i spent my saving on a piece of racket. well its worth the troubles though.

Those who buy fakes will play as bad as they started.

and i think yonex, since they have serial numbers on every racket should have an online database check of serials, and give us the right to snap every fake rackets we see. that would be cool.
    If someone was able to hack the online database and add numbers then there is no point and it would be a waste of money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    If someone was able to hack the online database and add numbers then there is no point and it would be a waste of money.
    yonex would be stupid if they will upload a hackable database.
    you dont know maybe its on their drawboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yonex would be stupid if they will upload a hackable database.
    you dont know maybe its on their drawboard.
    yonex will be stupid to give the fake seller a testing bed to check if their fake number pass the test. also, the ser# and cone codes are preoduced not by a formula, it is by production. so, there is not really a good way to store it. after all yonex is in racquet business, not database business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    yonex will be stupid to give the fake seller a testing bed to check if their fake number pass the test. also, the ser# and cone codes are preoduced not by a formula, it is by production. so, there is not really a good way to store it. after all yonex is in racquet business, not database business.
    ok.i rest my case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default That's more like a racket collector...

A true badminton player will work hard and get sponsored.

... and give us the right to snap every fake rackets we see. that would be cool.
    Well, it's a good thing that right is not Yonex's to give...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    A true badminton player will work hard and get sponsored.

Well, it's a good thing that right is not Yonex's to give...
    what if its your coach who uses the fake?! ouch! maybe not

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what if its your coach who uses the fake?! ouch! maybe not
    Irrelevant to me. My coach trashed me with a wooden racket. He can only do better with any of those carbon graphite fakes.

Basically, I will not walk out nor feel bad if I got trashed by another player using a fake. Should you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irrelevant to me. My coach trashed me with a wooden racket. He can only do better with any of those carbon graphite fakes.

Basically, I will not walk out nor feel bad if I got trashed by another player using a fake. Should you?
    You would feel bad if you know another player worse than you playing with a fake racket and beats your.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well ofcourse, you'l feel something if youve got beaten by a fake or a wood, .but why walk out? challenge over and over again until his racket gives out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well ofcourse, you'l feel something if youve got beaten by a fake or a wood, .but why walk out? challenge over and over again until his racket gives out =D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast