User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 70
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlie888 View Post
    well ofcourse, you'l feel something if youve got beaten by a fake or a wood, .but why walk out? challenge over and over again until his racket gives out
    I am saying that I do not. Why should I? The player beat me, not the racket. Will you?

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    True..just like i said,ppl in china who bought fake yonex r usually beginners.When they get better,they'll buy something else that's better.May it be apacs,flexpro,yonex,sotx,kason,etc..

    Another fact is that CH is not that popular in china,since it has a bad reputation for its paint job.Demands for TW,SP,IP,TH,JP is higher than the CH in the genuine yonex market.Ppl tend to be willing to spend a lil bit more to get something other than the CH.
    indeed, i had my first YY racket with around 100RMB several years ago, the thing is that was my first racket, and i didnt know that the racket would cost more then 500 RMB just for a real one, so i went to shop and tell them that i need a YY racket and no more than 200RMB,then i got that fake one. But soon after i playing badminton in a better level,i brought my second racket that is a Carlton,not YY, since CH vision has bad reputation and expansive for a recreation player.

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemcat View Post
    I had a clone Yonex before back I was a beginner and while I was travelling in China, which is 4 years ago. I still have it today and I let my siblings use it while they practice with me, and it's still pretty good and it's similar to a Ti-2, not quite sure about the old series.
    The thing that people buy fakes, like Chocobo said, is because they do not play much in a month, like say 3 or 4 times. Also, as a Chinese, I know a bit about "envy". People want to reach the same popularity as other, but they do not have the monetary support to do so, so they buy fakes to increase their social status. I know it's pointless to think about this, but still, people have envious eyes. Just like the French brand "Louis Vuitton", even a city cleaning staff carries one of those in China. You think they can afford a US 800 bag with only US 100 a month? I don't think so. Beside the daily use of that 100 in food and shelter and another piece will be gone to child education will left the total less than 30 bucks. Sure they can afford a Chinese brand badminton racquet, but are they going to? It's not that cheap to get a good Chinese racket, like Kason, compared to a fake Yonex. Besides, which one makes people go "WOW"? A fake Yonex ArcSaber 10 or a Kason TSF105? I'm not suggesting that Kason produce bad racket, I even think that Kason lasts way longer and performs way better than a fake Yonex, but I'm suggesting that most people, non-professional and non-enthusiasts, don't care about what is each racket's ability, let alone the specification. They care about what looks good and what gives them a boost of popularity. So according to most people's psychography, fake top brands do have a market and a sales point.

    Sorry to make a essay out of a topic, but my point should be clear.
    yeah, you made your points clear and i have to say that most of them are the real situations.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    Irrelevant to me. My coach trashed me with a wooden racket. He can only do better with any of those carbon graphite fakes.

    Basically, I will not walk out nor feel bad if I got trashed by another player using a fake. Should you?
    My coach beat me using a squash racket.

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wassup View Post
    My coach beat me using a squash racket.
    The squash racket is like between a badminton and tennis racket weight but the string bed is much bigger. It's like a jumbo badminton racket.

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Maybe the player is not worse...

    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    You would feel bad if you know another player worse than you playing with a fake racket and beats your.
    Only his gearse were worse. That would make it a crude case of gear arrogance then.

    I remember in my early teens when I felt really good about my new ProKennex Ceramic 858. I faced off with this guy who played a Cab8. So a 1 piece all carbon latest tech stuff vs. a half carbon with a T-joint showing... I got whacked quite badly.

    Taught me a good life lesson about humility especially to avoid being a gearhead.

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fake yonex racket is produce by the same factory that make Apacs. Heard about it before?

    I have a fake Cab 21SP and it feels like original. Advertisement & marketing cost makes Yonex racket expensive. Also, Yonex have to fork out money for sponsorship.

    Like DVD producers, they can't make money from only making/selling original DVDs. They make counterfeit too, secretly. This is what I understand from my factory visit.

    Maybe the factory that make Yonex also using the same die/mold to make fake rackets ???

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Fake yonex racket is produce by the same factory that make Apacs. Heard about it before?

    I have a fake Cab 21SP and it feels like original. Advertisement & marketing cost makes Yonex racket expensive. Also, Yonex have to fork out money for sponsorship.

    Like DVD producers, they can't make money from only making/selling original DVDs. They make counterfeit too, secretly. This is what I understand from my factory visit.

    Maybe the factory that make Yonex also using the same die/mold to make fake rackets ???
    u r a perfect fake customer,
    first in last out huh?lol
    yes, everything is maybe
    Last edited by cooler; 03-26-2009 at 08:12 PM.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    u r a perfect fake customer,
    first in last out huh?lol
    yes, everything is maybe
    u must be mentally strong to use fake rackets
    or it will effect your performance.
    If you can play & feel like original racket, what is the point paying so high just for a brand or a word "Yonex"??

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, UK
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you are happy with a fake racket then good for you. I'd personally think worrying about the thing self-destructing mid swing would affect my game play. Who knows, it might never happen.

    I'd also suggest by buying from the larger companies, some of the money goes towards
    - ensuring good working conditions for the employees
    - health and safety
    - tax
    - the technology that the racket is all about
    - the guarantee that if it breaks it will be replaced (making certain assumptions)

    It's one thing to defend people buying fakes, but to question the logic of 'getting what you pay for' is an argument you'll never win.

    APACS make their own rackets, they don't make fake YYs
    Film Manufacturers don't sell counterfeit DVDs... doesn't take a genius to work out why.

    Mark
    Last edited by mhigham; 03-27-2009 at 07:11 AM.

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    u must be mentally strong to use fake rackets
    or it will effect your performance.
    If you can play & feel like original racket, what is the point paying so high just for a brand or a word "Yonex"??
    i think it's the reverse. it is mentally weak to accept fake products.
    If knowledgable and good players know that fakes perform as good as the originals, then they would get fakes too and yonex will be out of business. Only noobs uses fakes because they can't tell the difference. As beginners get better, he/she will migrate to real brand rackets. Personally, I never seen experienced players downgrading to use fake rackets.

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mhigham View Post
    If you are happy with a fake racket then good for you. I'd personally think worrying about the thing self-destructing mid swing would affect my game play. Who knows, it might never happen.

    I'd also suggest by buying from the larger companies, some of the money goes towards
    - ensuring good working conditions for the employees
    - health and safety
    - tax
    - the technology that the racket is all about
    - the guarantee that if it breaks it will be replaced (making certain assumptions)

    It's one thing to defend people buying fakes, but to question the logic of 'getting what you pay for' is an argument you'll never win.

    APACS make their own rackets, they don't make fake YYs
    Film Manufacturers don't sell counterfeit DVDs... doesn't take a genius to work out why.

    Mark
    Yes. Film manufactures won't sell DVDs. What I want to tell you is DVDs producer/makers (factory that make DVDs) also making fake DVDs.

    If there is no fake, the original price will shoot up. Fake helps to bring original price down.

    If the professional players don't know that he using a fake and still wins, he will say the racket is good .

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Yes. Film manufactures won't sell DVDs. What I want to tell you is DVDs producer/makers (factory that make DVDs) also making fake DVDs.

    If there is no fake, the original price will shoot up. Fake helps to bring original price down.

    If the professional players don't know that he using a fake and still wins, he will say the racket is good .
    Pro player will snap the racquet in half within 5 minutes...or the racquet will break while being strung at 30+lbs

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, UK
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Yes. Film manufactures won't sell DVDs. What I want to tell you is DVDs producer/makers (factory that make DVDs) also making fake DVDs.

    If there is no fake, the original price will shoot up. Fake helps to bring original price down.

    If the professional players don't know that he using a fake and still wins, he will say the racket is good .
    You're talking complete guff.

  15. #66
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whilst I may not agree, I understand that people with little money will buy fake rackets as they are cheaper than even the cheaper brands.

    People who can afford to spend $30 or more on a racket have no excuse though. Real rackets will be more consistent, reliable and more stable than a fake. And with a fake racket you don't know if you can get another similar one.

    I would never buy fake, but I wouldn't neccessarily buy Yonex

  16. #67
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Whilst I may not agree, I understand that people with little money will buy fake rackets as they are cheaper than even the cheaper brands.

    People who can afford to spend $30 or more on a racket have no excuse though. Real rackets will be more consistent, reliable and more stable than a fake. And with a fake racket you don't know if you can get another similar one.

    I would never buy fake, but I wouldn't neccessarily buy Yonex
    er.... fake yonex also can.
    cant play good but must look good

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Whilst I may not agree, I understand that people with little money will buy fake rackets as they are cheaper than even the cheaper brands.

    People who can afford to spend $30 or more on a racket have no excuse though. Real rackets will be more consistent, reliable and more stable than a fake. And with a fake racket you don't know if you can get another similar one.

    I would never buy fake, but I wouldn't neccessarily buy Yonex
    Other than YOnex, where can you find a fake Apacs, Wilson, Victor, RSL, etc rackets?

    These brands are already cheap. To make a fake cheaper than these, better close shop .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Buying fake z-slash from ebay
    By riceworld in forum Market Place
    Replies: 5
    : 01-18-2011, 08:33 PM
  2. Buying racquets from china
    By __Lam in forum Market Place
    Replies: 7
    : 04-04-2006, 11:33 PM
  3. Buying racquets questions.
    By lightsmash in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 12
    : 01-02-2005, 11:35 PM
  4. Obsessed of Buying Racquets!!!
    By Feng_MP-100 in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 30
    : 11-01-2004, 01:08 AM
  5. buying racquets in China
    By karramella in forum Market Place
    Replies: 14
    : 10-12-2004, 07:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •