Here's the racket ANYONE should get

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drop2it, Jun 19, 2008.

1. drop2it

drop2it Regular Member

Part-Time Student, Full-time Badminton Fanatic
    As a long time player, I've owned more than 30 - different - badminton rackets. Here's the dumb part. I can only use one of them at a time! ( well, maybe 2. Playing with 3 would be a bit of a stretch)If you are serious about the sport and are intending to improve, here's my racket reccomendation:

BUY THE BEST DAMN RACKET YOU CAN AFFORD!!! (yes, I understand that you may be a noob and that you don't know what is, or even how to determine, the elusive "best" racket. Read on.

Reasons to buy the "best" racket now:

1. Rackets depreciate like Ford Freestars. When you go to sell in 3 or 4 years, a $200 racket will be worth about the same as a $100 racket bought at the same time. Don't believe me? Check out the BC marketplace.

2. Upgrading is a lot cheaper if you don't have to do it as often. Buy a racket that is twice as good as your current model, and upgrade 3 times less often. TRUST ME. I've had to deal with the annoying depreciation problem.

so much for the economics side of things.

4. Better rackets play better. (no, really? :eek: Is that what I actually just said? How can that be, a better racket playing better? It makes no sense!)
    Really, if you're going to upgrade, upgrade to the good stuff.

5. Finally (but perhaps most imprortant) - won't your racket buddies be jealous???:D

6. me being serious now - don't just buy the most expensive racket you can find. Do a little research. A rule i've found useful, if you like a particular line of racket (say you borrowed a Yonex nanospeed 5000 and really enjoyed it.) DON'T go out and buy that exact model. Go a few levels up.

7. Just occured to me. If you are buying from a shop, they're going to ask 10% to 30% more than most websites. DONT GIVE UP. Bargain with them. Because the rackets depreciate so badly, they want to sell ASAP. Play your cards right, and you can get prices better than online. This has worked for me, and it can work for you! (lying works rather well. say you're a single parent with no job and that yo have a real "love of the game." Should put you through.