User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea it's pretty obvious shadow training trains your foot work only and possibility agility if you push yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    you won't improve that much if you do shadow training. You need someone to feed you shuttlecocks if you want to improve. How can you know where the shuttlecock is going if you don't train with one.
    Just because you train with a shuttle, doesn't mean you will know where its going. When you do shuttle drills properly, you can randomly go to a corner as if the shuttle is there. You even take a swing as if it was there. Of course this swing isn't going to be a perfect swing, however, shadow drills are not to perfect your swing technique, but your footwork technique.

Doing shadow drills, you mentally picture the birdie flying past you or in front of you and you go there as fast as you can, and even if you don't get there fast enough, its okay, you can still use the correct technique and get there, theres no actual shuttle. It is not just doing the drills non stop thinking about Sponge Bob or that girl in English class.

Likewise, what if somebody is forced to go back and forth and to the corners when they don't have the proper footwork or practice with them. There is no point in feeding him constant shuttles and forcing him to move inefficiently. Shadow drills allow you to move freely at will. That doesn't mean you can run slow. Your footwork will improve as much as you push yourself doing shadow drills.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOcobo View Post
    didn't know what shadow training is till i watch that video and i lol. that doesn't look all that fun and don't look like it would encourage me to do my best without a bird. you'll look like some weirdo if anyone sees you. haha.
    Haha. Actually when you doing it. People will think your cool.

I actually do it when all the little kids before practice, where they are playing ridiculously, and horribly.

Then some other guy said that this guy started doing it after he saw me doing it. Haha. He's a funny guy too. And he was doing it all wrong. Lol.
    Last edited by KazeCloud; 06-23-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

advertise yourself on the internet. 5 bucks for sparring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found out all my shadow drill i been doing is all wrong ... damn sad ... need i using too much energy it should be smoothness and less energy needed like my friend tell me that right foot always infornt

so training alone could be bad if you really no idea what you are doing
    Last edited by alexkho; 07-09-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2