User Tag List

Holst

Default What goes through your mind?

What goes through your mind during a badminton game? Do you think about strategies, what shots to play? Or do you think about completely irrelevant topics like what's for dinner tonight?

Holst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RE: What goes through your mind?

If your mind's not in the game, how could you win?
    To me, playing is like meditation. I shut out all thoughts on anything outside the court.

When I play badly, it's almost always because I have too much on my mind...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mind is totally on the game when I play. I don't let anything break my concentration. My eyes are totally focused on the server and my thoughts are how am I going to return it. But one of my problems is that when I return the birdie, I just hit it and the returner smashes it. It's like I don't think my next shot, my main concern is just to hit it to the other side.

HannAngel

Yes, I'll have my thought totally on the game during a badminton matches. Things that I always think about during a match are like: what shot should I make, what shot will my opponent make, what strategies/tactics should I use, etc.

I also agree with Mag's point, you absolutely cannot win a match if you r not concentrate enough in the game. Also, I'll try not to control my emotion in every match so that won't be influenced by spectators or other things.

vince poon

That is a good question, I never thought of that. Now I think about it, there is nothing goes through my mind when I play, just having fun and concentrate what on hands. The only time I think is when I am getting my ass kick, between rally I will think a way to improve my situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

score..point..fast.....

pretty much my basic toughts...i go in for teh kill pretty fast..people are tending to hate my MD-short serve return...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hum i dont think i really think when i play badminton...most of it i just do so im not thinking ok im going to smash drop clear etc i just do it...sometimes its like im playing abdminton at a subconscious level...dont really relize that im doing the shots i just do it but most of the time im just focused on getting around the court and lining up for the shots, etc. if i make a bad hit then thats on my mind alot also if im getting pwned then i think about that, in those cases i just try and clear my mind by thinking of something i want to just to get my mind off the negative stuff, by thinking of something positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...When I'm playing an intense game (usually against somebody better then me) I just auto-tune out everything around me other then the game. During the game I usually don't think...I just do it naturally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, me too. i'm alway try to clear my mind when playing a match so I can make the right decisions shots placement. Don't want to think too much or it'll mess up my game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I play badminton, I think about where i should place the shuttle next....but sometimes the speed of the game is so fast, I don't really think, I only want the birdy on the other side.....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think I'm so lucky to be here playing Badminton. Oh yeah, and to try to get the shuttle over every time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, placement already comes by nature. I don't have to think about where to place the shuttle already. I know when to play it safe and when to aim for the corner. So I just focus my eyes on the shuttle. At the end of each rallies though, there are times where my mind would wander off and evaluate the rally. What pattern I could play against the opponent and what pattern I can't play against the opponent. Or what tricky pattern I should try to shake him off my rythm and style of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What celebration to use after winning the match... just kidding..

Seriously, I always try to think on how I want to play the game..like shuttle placements and tactics...