User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 23
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Badminton Clinic

    Calling all Euthusiasts!! Ever wanted to play like your favourite stars, Ronald Susilo... Then join us for our Badminton Clinic conducted by trained coaches. They will sharpen your skills to give you the extra edge for your next game! So grab your racquets and sign up quick!

    Date/Time: Sat, 12 July 08, 2-4pm
    Venue: SAFRA Tampines, Multi-Purpose Hall
    Fees: $20 (Member), $25 (Guest)

    For more info, pls email to faisal@safra.sg or 6377 9889

  2. #2
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Become a Ronald Susilo in one session?

    Hope this is going to be a weekly affair.
    That would be really useful

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Thomson, Singapore.
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SAFRA Tampines View Post
    Calling all Euthusiasts!! Ever wanted to play like your favourite stars, Ronald Susilo... Then join us for our Badminton Clinic conducted by trained coaches. They will sharpen your skills to give you the extra edge for your next game! So grab your racquets and sign up quick!

    Date/Time: Sat, 12 July 08, 2-4pm
    Venue: SAFRA Tampines, Multi-Purpose Hall
    Fees: $20 (Member), $25 (Guest)

    For more info, pls email to faisal@safra.sg or 6377 9889
    If it's just going to be one session, don't think it really helps. Who are the trained coaches?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,139
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its a Badminton Clinic, not a full Badminton Course. Correct me if i'm wrong, such clinics would be useful for fine-tuning your current skill sets and reinforce what you may already know.

    ps. off topic didnt Taufik conducted a badminton clinic during the Aviva Open?
    Last edited by Sealman; 06-24-2008 at 12:06 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Who is/are the coach(es) ? I've had a one-day coaching clinic with coach Basri Yusuf, he coached Ronald Susilo before.. o.O

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang Area
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SO Far

    So far.... can the coach travel to cck and do the same?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default reply

    to all, the coach will be Hamid Khan who is an ex-national player of singapore. the clinic will be focusing on gripping, footwork and groundstrokes. There will also be another coach but yet to be confirmed. badminton gifts will be given out too while stock lasts. =)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    badminton court in Singapore;)
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Will national palyers be there too

  9. #9
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xinguy View Post
    Will national palyers be there too
    Um, very very unlikely

  10. #10
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,744
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's sba doing? How come Susilo name is in this? Everyone must be thinking that he's working hard for the OG. Is he coming or Free publicity ? Might as well use Lindan or Lee Chong Wei name.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Edmonton AB, Canada
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SAFRA Tampines View Post
    to all, the coach will be Hamid Khan who is an ex-national player of singapore. the clinic will be focusing on gripping, footwork and groundstrokes. There will also be another coach but yet to be confirmed. badminton gifts will be given out too while stock lasts. =)
    so is this like a beginner clinic or an advanced clinic?
    I'm interested in attending but not if everyone there doesnt even know how to grip a racquet or what proper footwork looks like.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default reply

    it will be a session for amateurs. this clinic's objective is to give final pointers and sharpen your skills. =)

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh Hamid Khan... hhhaaa... He can advice the wrong one...haa.. wrong footwork, wrong grip, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by SAFRA Tampines View Post
    to all, the coach will be Hamid Khan who is an ex-national player of singapore. the clinic will be focusing on gripping, footwork and groundstrokes. There will also be another coach but yet to be confirmed. badminton gifts will be given out too while stock lasts. =)

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Can ladies join?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badminto_expert View Post
    Oh Hamid Khan... hhhaaa... He can advice the wrong one...haa.. wrong footwork, wrong grip, etc.
    Please, don't any how shoot your mouth if you've never seen him coach and has only heard from other people. Incase you didn't know, RI C Division won the inter school in 2007, beating Sports School in the semis. If you're saying he's incompetent, then what of all those coaches in Sports School?

    From the way you speak, you're probably the one giving the wrong advice. And please, his son Imran is one of the best shuttler for his age group, excluding the imported players.
    Last edited by Iwan; 07-10-2008 at 11:13 AM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwan View Post
    Please, don't any how shoot your mouth if you've never seen him coach and has only heard from other people. Incase you didn't know, RI C Division won the inter school in 2007, beating Sports School in the semis. If you're saying he's incompetent, then what of all those coaches in Sports School?

    From the way you speak, you're probably the one giving the wrong advice. And please, his son Imran is one of the best shuttler for his age group, excluding the imported players.

    Iwan, this is an open forum so i believe B_expert has his right to comment. Having a son that is one of the best in his group doesnt mean he has a good coach. Also he has a better crop of players during the DSA intake than sports school so its really hard to expect my friend Mr Desmond and gang to train up a really weaker crop of players (except for gerard ong) in 1-2 years.

    I heard that you are one of his coaches so its not fair for you to comment as your opinion will most probably be biased. And i believe you are young so i guess you are not in Singapore for more than 10-15 years? If so what do you know about the past? Everyone has a history and B_expert probably know something that we dont. I have eaten salt more than you have eaten rice and have heard more than my fair share of "news" about local coaches so i think you are still not qualified to comment here. I have seen Hamid play and would agree that he is one of finest players Singapore ever produced but as for coaching i would reserve my comments. Just my two cents worth of opinion.

    Freddy

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gre8Deal View Post
    Iwan, this is an open forum so i believe B_expert has his right to comment. Having a son that is one of the best in his group doesnt mean he has a good coach. Also he has a better crop of players during the DSA intake than sports school so its really hard to expect my friend Mr Desmond and gang to train up a really weaker crop of players (except for gerard ong) in 1-2 years.

    I heard that you are one of his coaches so its not fair for you to comment as your opinion will most probably be biased. And i believe you are young so i guess you are not in Singapore for more than 10-15 years? If so what do you know about the past? Everyone has a history and B_expert probably know something that we dont. I have eaten salt more than you have eaten rice and have heard more than my fair share of "news" about local coaches so i think you are still not qualified to comment here. I have seen Hamid play and would agree that he is one of finest players Singapore ever produced but as for coaching i would reserve my comments. Just my two cents worth of opinion.

    Freddy
    Sure he's got better DSA players, but SS also trains 10 times a week instead of three times. I'm not saying that Mr Hamid is better than the coaches at sports school or anything. But to say openly in a public forum that an ex-national like him and a level 3 coach who is well established can coach wrong footworks and grip is just going beyond the limits. I'm not speaking up for Mr Hamid because I'm helping him out, but rather, the way it is going, who'd be interested in the clinic at the end of the day if no one corrects what B_expert is saying?

    And you can't simply throw me out of discussion either simply for those reasons. I'll admit to you right now that he's definetely not the best of coaches, he's got a very high temper and that is probably one of his short comings. Other than that, I think he's done a great job. If we're going to talk about past, I don't know, yes I'll give you that, but do we look at the past or the present? Cause for me, the past is something to learn from to be better in the present and future. People make mistakes.
    Last edited by Iwan; 07-10-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free Badminton Clinic
    By flyingfox in forum Singapore
    Replies: 4
    : 02-22-2011, 06:03 PM
  2. Toronto-area Badminton Clinic With Coach Lee Jae-Bok
    By elderplayer in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 1
    : 09-10-2010, 12:07 PM
  3. SBA Badminton Clinic (Intermediate)
    By Sealman in forum Singapore
    Replies: 12
    : 06-08-2010, 11:13 AM
  4. LCW, Hafiz & Misbun Manila Badminton Clinic
    By maryanne in forum Philippines
    Replies: 4
    : 09-28-2007, 11:29 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    : 03-07-2007, 10:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •