Badminton Clinic

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by SAFRA Tampines, Jun 23, 2008.

1. SAFRA Tampines

SAFRA Tampines Regular Member

Calling all Euthusiasts!! Ever wanted to play like your favourite stars, Ronald Susilo... Then join us for our Badminton Clinic conducted by trained coaches. They will sharpen your skills to give you the extra edge for your next game! So grab your racquets and sign up quick!

Date/Time: Sat, 12 July 08, 2-4pm
    Venue: SAFRA Tampines, Multi-Purpose Hall
    Fees: $20 (Member), $25 (Guest)

For more info, pls email to faisal@safra.sg or 6377 9889

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Become a Ronald Susilo in one session? :eek:

Hope this is going to be a weekly affair.
    That would be really useful :)

3. modious

modious Regular Member

If it's just going to be one session, don't think it really helps. Who are the trained coaches? :confused:

4. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Its a Badminton Clinic, not a full Badminton Course. Correct me if i'm wrong, such clinics would be useful for fine-tuning your current skill sets and reinforce what you may already know.

ps. off topic didnt Taufik conducted a badminton clinic during the Aviva Open?

#4 Sealman, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  5. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Who is/are the coach(es) ? I've had a one-day coaching clinic with coach Basri Yusuf, he coached Ronald Susilo before.. o_O

6. Benny Fan

Benny Fan Regular Member

SO Far

So far.... can the coach travel to cck and do the same?

7. SAFRA Tampines

to all, the coach will be Hamid Khan who is an ex-national player of singapore. the clinic will be focusing on gripping, footwork and groundstrokes. There will also be another coach but yet to be confirmed. badminton gifts will be given out too while stock lasts. =)

8. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Will national palyers be there too:confused:

9. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Um, very very unlikely :cool:

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    What's sba doing? How come Susilo name is in this? Everyone must be thinking that he's working hard for the OG. Is he coming or Free publicity ? Might as well use Lindan or Lee Chong Wei name. ;)

11. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    so is this like a beginner clinic or an advanced clinic?
    I'm interested in attending but not if everyone there doesnt even know how to grip a racquet or what proper footwork looks like.

12. SAFRA Tampines

it will be a session for amateurs. this clinic's objective is to give final pointers and sharpen your skills. =)

13. badminto_expert

badminto_expert Regular Member

Consultant
    Oh Hamid Khan... hhhaaa... He can advice the wrong one...haa.. wrong footwork, wrong grip, etc.

14. Tracymon

Tracymon Regular Member

Hey Can ladies join?

15. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Please, don't any how shoot your mouth if you've never seen him coach and has only heard from other people. Incase you didn't know, RI C Division won the inter school in 2007, beating Sports School in the semis. If you're saying he's incompetent, then what of all those coaches in Sports School?

From the way you speak, you're probably the one giving the wrong advice. And please, his son Imran is one of the best shuttler for his age group, excluding the imported players.

#15 Iwan, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  16. Gre8Deal

Gre8Deal Regular Member

Self-employed

Iwan, this is an open forum so i believe B_expert has his right to comment. Having a son that is one of the best in his group doesnt mean he has a good coach. Also he has a better crop of players during the DSA intake than sports school so its really hard to expect my friend Mr Desmond and gang to train up a really weaker crop of players (except for gerard ong) in 1-2 years.

I heard that you are one of his coaches so its not fair for you to comment as your opinion will most probably be biased. And i believe you are young so i guess you are not in Singapore for more than 10-15 years? If so what do you know about the past? Everyone has a history and B_expert probably know something that we dont. I have eaten salt more than you have eaten rice and have heard more than my fair share of "news" about local coaches so i think you are still not qualified to comment here. I have seen Hamid play and would agree that he is one of finest players Singapore ever produced but as for coaching i would reserve my comments. Just my two cents worth of opinion.:)

Freddy

17. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Sure he's got better DSA players, but SS also trains 10 times a week instead of three times. I'm not saying that Mr Hamid is better than the coaches at sports school or anything. But to say openly in a public forum that an ex-national like him and a level 3 coach who is well established can coach wrong footworks and grip is just going beyond the limits. I'm not speaking up for Mr Hamid because I'm helping him out, but rather, the way it is going, who'd be interested in the clinic at the end of the day if no one corrects what B_expert is saying?

And you can't simply throw me out of discussion either simply for those reasons. I'll admit to you right now that he's definetely not the best of coaches, he's got a very high temper and that is probably one of his short comings. Other than that, I think he's done a great job. If we're going to talk about past, I don't know, yes I'll give you that, but do we look at the past or the present? Cause for me, the past is something to learn from to be better in the present and future. People make mistakes.

#17 Iwan, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  18. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    If I understand your English correctly, I believe you mean "Hamid Khan would be able to correct those trainees with wrong footwork, grip etc." :)

19. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I dropped by Safra Tampines last Saturday to "observe" this badminton clinic. (I did not sign up for the clinic as I was down with flu.)

3 trainees signed up for this course - a young female student (probably a school player), a young man probably in his late teens or early 20s, and an uncle in his 40s or 50s.

IMHO Hamid Khan was very patient and very willing to share his knowledge with the trainess. Before the trainees were put through drills, Hamid's assistant would first demonstrate how to execute the drill. If the trainees made any mistakes, they were immediately corrected on the spot.

I believe the trainees enjoyed the 2-hour session and the $25 fee was well worth it.

#19 Sealman, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  20. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Amen lol :D you sure you didn't see Wei Ping there? The early 20 yr old guy?