MP-77 replacement

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by plaYer, May 15, 2002.

1. plaYer

plaYer Regular Member

Hi everyone, i'm hoping someone can suggest a good replacement for the mp-77 for me. I'm an aggressive player but as i get better i'm finding control with the mp 77 somewhat iffy. i hate to say it but also the racquet is too heavy for me to generate good swing speed on backhand clears and for fast defensive shots in doubles. I play with a 2U G4 strung at 24 and 22.

Any ideas on what i can use as a replacement. I tried the cab20 muscle but lost too much power on the smash. I guess i am looking for something with a LOT of smashing power (similar to the mp77) but also something a little lighter/less head-heavy so i can control it and move it faster. A stiff shaft would be nice for the power.

I guess i could just work on my fitness and wrist power but if i did change racquets what should i go for ? mp 100, ti 10, ti 7 ?

2. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    try the ti10... you'll find it heavier though but generally IMHO, it has more power than mp77

3. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    if u think its too heavy then maybe the ti-7 would be a good choice.

4. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    I say you should go with the mp100. It's lighter IMO. It's power is roughly just as good. I'm pretty sure the 100 feels lighter than the 77. This is all in terms of 3U though. I'm pretty sure the 2U's are the same though.

5. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day

I concur that MP100 is definately feels lighter than MP77 in 2UG3 version. My MP77 feels more solid than my team mate's MP100, unfortunately, it is also heavier! :(

6. danger man

danger man Regular Member

i find that the mp 77 is extremely head heavy. IMO, it's even more heavy than the Ti-10..

7. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    To me, the MP100 is a great racket to train with, despite the lousy feel, i find that this racket is the 1 to use. Why? Because its got the control and once you get used to it, you can get the power out of it as well. Although its got a smaller sweetspot than the MP77, its still bigger than Cab rackets sweetspots.

So the MP100 is my suggestion to you. The Ti-10 is a great racket, but its better for smashing, hard to control shots and stuff.