Li YongBo vs. Indra Gunawan

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cup 2002' started by kwun, May 15, 2002.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    in a reporter session yesterday, the reporters were questioning LYB and IndraG on the pending China vs. Malaysia SF match. tactically, they were not saying much, but that doesn't stop the reporter from digging:

reporter A: "what doubles strategy did you use to beat the Koreans yesterday?"

LYB: "i cannot answer this question right now. since Malaysian coaches are here, i cannot disclose any strategic information. i can only say that against Malaysia, we will change our pairings again."

reporter B to Indra: "how do you rate the performance of your 5 singles players?"

LYB with a smirk: "Coach Gunawan won't tell you that!"

IndraG: "their form isn't bad, very good in fact." "i will have a lot of choices"

LYB: "Chen Hong will play #1 singles!"

obviously neither are prepared to disclose any information at all to the other. as for LYB's comment on they will shuffle the doubles again, it could well be a bluff. it looks like the psychological and tactical war between China and Malaysia has already started the day before the game.

9 hours till opening bell. cannot wait!

2. faizal

faizal Regular Member

yup kwun ... looks like both of them are keeping to themselves on how the line up will be. IMO, no matter who the player is, they are going to fight until the last point. hmmm, remember good ol' Foo Kok Keong? ... that fella never gave up even at the last point..

Anyway, RTM1 will be showing the SF live today at 7.00 pm (Malaysian time). he heh hee lucky for us here :D

rgds

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    faizal, indeed, it will be a very close fight. i hope it will be worth waking up at 4.30am!! (damn it :( )

the pressure is mounting. only 7 1/2 hrs to first service.

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Maybe China won't even field Xia , or even msia Wong.

Mebbe Chen Hong might play 3rd singles!

Rtm1 starts at 7.00 ie includes sideshows for only 2 hours but astro from 7.30

but 4 hours!

5. faizal

faizal Regular Member

hey kwun, this thing happens once in 2 yrs only (can't imagine if it would be every 4 yrs!! :eek: ) .... i bet waking up 4.30 in the morning will be worth it...:D

anyway, i think Wong CH would play the 1st single, 2nd and 3rd would go to younger players..... hafiz or Lee or roslin .. who knows... it would be a close fight.. neither side would want to concede defeat easily..

6 more hrs to go !! :p

rgds

6. ayasoft

ayasoft Regular Member

let me guess

I guess Bao.ChunLai will be the 1st single this night,and LinDan the 2nd,ChenHong the 3rd.Hope to Win!

7. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Kwun, I don't suppose you're watching their matches live, are you?
    Or are you tracking them on internet reports?