User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 270

Thread: U.S. Open 2008

  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    huh???david yuan(lhl opponent today)is not a seeded player...
    I am asking dinkalot to gauge his standard against other seeded players. Never mentioned David Yuan or implied him in my post

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I am asking dinkalot to gauge his standard against other seeded players. Never mentioned David Yuan or implied him in my post
    oh i see...sorry for misunderstanding...

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    please read this posted by weeyet in 2005:

    Rashid Sidek: Lee Hock Lai, Chong Wei Feng, Tan Chun Siang, our future

    National team back up squad chief coach Rashid Sidek named this three young players as our future MS pillar: Lee Hock Lai , Chong Wei Feng, Tan Chun Siang (
    direct translation name from pinyin Li Fulai, Zhang Weifeng, Chen Junxiang)

    Rashid believes that these 3 players will be a thread to Yogendran, Lee Tsuen Seng, Yeoh Kay Bin, Kuan Beng Hong very soon in the future.
    Lee Hock Lai was former national youth MD champion.

    The coach is satisfied with his players' performance in the recent Kedah Open, Pahang Open and Vietnam Satellite. The 18-year-old Lee Hock Lai wins the Pahang Open division 2. While Chung Wei Feng and Tan Chun Siang compete in Division 1. Chung WF defeated Pei Wei Chung in the first round, while Tan CS brought his 2nd round match with Yeok Kay Bin into rubber games.

    Rashid had already reccomend Lee HOck Lai from Penang to go down to KL to undergo more systematic training, 6 days one week.

    Last edited by weeyet : 06-20-2005 at 11:46 PM.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KlasseE View Post
    please read this posted by weeyet in 2005:

    Rashid Sidek: Lee Hock Lai, Chong Wei Feng, Tan Chun Siang, our future
    National team back up squad chief coach Rashid Sidek named this three young players as our future MS pillar: Lee Hock Lai , Chong Wei Feng, Tan Chun Siang (direct translation name from pinyin Li Fulai, Zhang Weifeng, Chen Junxiang)

    Rashid believes that these 3 players will be a thread to Yogendran, Lee Tsuen Seng, Yeoh Kay Bin, Kuan Beng Hong very soon in the future.
    Lee Hock Lai was former national youth MD champion.

    The coach is satisfied with his players' performance in the recent Kedah Open, Pahang Open and Vietnam Satellite. The 18-year-old Lee Hock Lai wins the Pahang Open division 2. While Chung Wei Feng and Tan Chun Siang compete in Division 1. Chung WF defeated Pei Wei Chung in the first round, while Tan CS brought his 2nd round match with Yeok Kay Bin into rubber games.

    Rashid had already reccomend Lee HOck Lai from Penang to go down to KL to undergo more systematic training, 6 days one week.
    Last edited by weeyet : 06-20-2005 at 11:46 PM.

    so he is 21 now???...same with chong wei feng...in klrc now???

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    so he is 21 now???...same with chong wei feng...in klrc now???
    yeah he is 21 but i don't think he is in klrc, need to check and confirm...

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KlasseE View Post
    yeah he is 21 but i don't think he is in klrc, need to check and confirm...
    thanks ...^^...hehe

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    thanks ...^^...hehe
    ...alan tai, another former back up player, is still active, but dunno what club he represents his backhand smashi is amazing, must be better than taufik...

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KlasseE View Post
    ...alan tai, another former back up player, is still active, but dunno what club he represents his backhand smashi is amazing, must be better than taufik...
    are u sure???better than cwf???

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Allan Tai represents or sponsored by KLRC

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aZn_Popcorn View Post
    Allan Tai represents or sponsored by KLRC
    thanks for comfirmation...looks like i also can find klrc to sponsor...

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    are u sure???better than cwf???
    i meant his backhand smashing...the lanky guy, corredt name shud be allan tai
    http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-O6gNQlU_s

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Rudi Gunawan in US Open 2008

    Hello all.

    Is the Rudi Gunawan who is playing in the Men's Doubles with Philip Chew of OCBC the 1993 men's doubles world champion (with Ricky Subagja)?

    I wonder how his game is now.

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Taipei & Los Angeles
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    u should come down dinkalot! it's filled with ppl from rosemead hahhhahha

  14. #65
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default G'day again, guys..

    ..Quick recap:
    what a night, i meant day, it was..
    To sum it up, there were many2 withdrawals esp. to a "star-powerless" tourney and making it more like a depleted tourney.
    There weren't any major upsets. But there were quite a few interesting matches that went down to the wire.

    Anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by aZn_Popcorn View Post
    well actually there is 1 Nepalese player here, Balram Thapa who advanced to the 2nd rd.
    ..yep, correct, he's the only representative from Nepal~thanks for the re-correction. I saw his name but was distracted; i was totally busy with doing other tasks. And didn't have time to correct my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    ...
    LHL reminds me of smaller version of Lee Chong Wei. I hope LHL wins it.
    ..yep, quite true indeed...Lee "Don't call me Lee Chong Wei" Hock Lai sure does play and reminds of me LCW..
    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Sounds quite impressive. He did beat up and coming Danish youngster Thomsen in straight games.
    ..yeah...you guys wouldn't believe what happened during LHL vs. Thomsen's match...I have pics to show you guys...
    Quote Originally Posted by elderplayer View Post
    Hello all.

    Is the Rudi Gunawan who is playing in the Men's Doubles with Philip Chew of OCBC the 1993 men's doubles world champion (with Ricky Subagja)?

    I wonder how his game is now.
    ..yep, that's him (i have pics also). Fortunately, last night, his opponents withdrew. Thus he and Phillip didn't have to play....

    On that note....
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-09-2008 at 03:27 PM.

  15. #66
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile Okay.....

    ...for those of you who've waited patiently (and didn't fall to my trick of "pulling out a fast one on you guys")...here are some pics from y'day's Day 1...Yes, i was able to tighten up some screws in my digicam which was starting to shimmy...

    Pics of the Men's Singles actions:

    MS
































  16. #67
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile And here are..

    ..the WS pics...look who's baaaaaack...

    WS






























  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually there was 1 major upset. Charmein Reid(2nd seed) lost to Lili Zhou which I am assuming is a coach of one of the Cali Clubs?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KLRC New Zealand Open 2008 Day 2 (Wednesday 12-Nov-2008)
    By chris-ccc in forum China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 2008
    Replies: 27
    : 11-14-2008, 05:14 AM
  2. KLRC New Zealand Open 2008 day 1(11/11/2008)
    By limsy in forum China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 2008
    Replies: 14
    : 11-11-2008, 11:21 AM
  3. French Open SS 2008-Semifinal (1/11/2008)
    By nunu27 in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008
    Replies: 915
    : 11-06-2008, 12:30 PM
  4. Denmark Open 2008 Final (26/10/2008)
    By nunu27 in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008
    Replies: 345
    : 10-29-2008, 01:33 AM
  5. Denmark Open 2008 Semifinal (25/10/2008)
    By abesadi in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008
    Replies: 339
    : 10-26-2008, 02:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •